Chapter 6

"I-I like you! Will you pl-please go out with me?" Kanao asked hopefully, face heavily flushed with a deep red. She is unable to meet his eyes, always keeping her gaze against the ground. Her hands tightly clench together—shaking as Kanao prayed. She'd liked him ever since he introduced himself, his comforting atmosphere helping to relieve her nerves.

"I" He sighed, unable to find a way to start his sentence. She snuck a nervous glance to him looking away at the scenery and rubbing the nape of his neck with his palm. He was slightly embarrassed. Cheeks tinted pink. "I'm sorry. Kanao. I just, I don't see you in that way." He muttered out.

Kanao's voice hitched, pupils darting up in a state of shock and surprise. She quickly regained her composure. "I-I... See." She started.

"I'm sorry—" Kanao pushed his hand away, as they reached out to comfort her. Tanjiro halted to an immediate stop. "We could still be friends, just notlo-lovers." Friend-zoned. She shook her head as she reached up to cover her face with her hands; attempting to hide the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

Sadness. Tanjiro smelled it. It was so strong.

"Tha-that's not it—" She sniffled. "I'm sorry... I didn't s-sense that we were just, you know. Friends. Just go home. I shouldn'tshouldn't h-have asked."

Regret punctured his chest. He needed to say something to help her feel better. Tanjiro felt terrible; it was even worse knowing that he was the cause of her pain and sadness. "Kanao... Please," He took a step forward, only to be met with her alarmed shout.

"Stop!" It burst out before she could stop it. "Uh—" Her mind blanked.

It was followed by a staggered step backwards, as she turned abruptly to run away to save some of her dignity in front of someone she liked. She realized that Tanjiro wouldn't stop attempting to make her feel better but—that would only bring her to adore Tanjiro even more! She slammed the rooftop door shut behind her, leaving Tanjiro speechless.

He remained staring at the door for a couple more seconds, before everything that just happened sunk in. 

He just exhaled deeply as his whole body slumped down against the wall.

"Maybe I should have said yes" Even though he really didn't want to. Tanjiro never viewed Kanao like that, she was always a good friend that he could talk to sometimes. Tanjiro stared up at the bright blue sky, before he pushed himself back up.

No, he couldn't be sulking. He still had his family to take care of.

ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ? ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴀɪᴅ "ɴᴏ", ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ ꜱᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ.

𝕆𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥! 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪, 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠.

Muichiro's mind raced with thoughts and ways to comfort K.T. "I've never even been in a relationship before—who am I to give advice?" He muttered, scratching his head as he was in deep thought. Hold on, he isn't supposed to be in deep thought. That causes his mind to work hard to envision his parents' death but—they haven't been appearing for a while now, so he should be safe, right?