Chapter 8 - The Devil is naughty

Start from the beginning

It was an understatement if I was feeling raged, now I felt like smashing his head with the brand new frying pan I bought the other day.

"That is enough!" I growled and my raged filled voice shouted, "Get out of here before I call the cops."

"And what will you say?" He challenged, "That you have given a spare key to the intruder?"

The look on his face that he was giving me made my blood boil as if he owned everything. Well, as a son of a political leader, he had everyone in his pockets but that didn't give him the right to intrude in my house and especially in my life again. He had lost me when his penis slid into another woman.

He brought out his phone and said, "Oh wait! I should take a picture of you in this state. The McAllens should know what their precious daughter was doing."

A gap formed in my mouth as he clicked on his phone. Was this the person I was madly in love with? I loved him like we were fated to be together and now he was doing such lowly things. I felt ashamed of myself for ever thinking of him as my life partner.

Tears rumbled from my eyes as he said harshly, "Oh. Crying so I don't send them the picture? They should know you have been drinking and sleeping around with men."

Was it Fred who used to be so caring and always making dry jokes? He felt so different now as if the mask he used to wear was somehow put off. I was so blinded that I never saw this side of him.

"I regret..." My voice trembled, "I regret saying yes that day. I should have never fallen in love with you." The day when he proposed it was the best memory I had from my hometown and now it was the worst memory ever. How ironic, the bestest memories can turn into painful ones in just a few moments. "It was a mistake. You are the biggest mistake of my life." I hissed.

Hurt flashed through Fred's eyes but he removed it within a second as he sneered, "Oh, I would be the biggest nightmare of your life, Carson."

He was about to click on his screen when in a flash his phone was on the ground and Callahan's foot on it, smashing it into rubles. Both of us looked at him shockingly as I didn't get a clue when he reached him and took his phone.

"That won't be happening, Fred," Callahan said, maintaining his smile as he added, "Not while I am here."

Fred was in a shock as he had never expected a rogue behavior from Callahan. When he regained himself, he roared, "How dare you break my phone!"

"Oh. Don't cry now," Callahan brought out his purse and slid two bills into his hands, "Buy a new one."

Fred blinked for a moment and then grumbled as he threw the bills and hissed at Callahan, "I have money to buy cellphones everyday. Don't you dare belittle me! I can buy you and your whole family with my money."

Callahan seemed amused as he smirked and exclaimed, "Well, damn! I didn't know you could buy God with money!"

"What do you mean?" Fred asked with an even angrier voice.

"Well, basically, my father is God so I don't know how much he is worth in human currency." Callahan thought for a moment, "I'm wondering if I can buy him to give me a better position in hell."

Fred looked confused and even more irritated as it seemed to him like Callahan was sprouting some nonsense. "You are weird."

He crossed him and went to the door but before he left, he promised, "Watch me how I ruin you."

"Before you do that," Callahan brought out his phone and turned the screen toward him as he said in a mocking tone, "It seems your girl is having a fun night with his boss."

I looked at the screen and saw it was the picture where Emily and Devis were hovering over each other in the club and the way their hands were on very personal parts of each other made my ears turn red. When did he click it?

I tilted my head toward Fred who might start to pill his hairs as his eyes darkened and he looked at Callahan with disgusted face and left immediately.

As he slammed the door behind him I asked, "Why did you do that?"

"Why not?" Callahan smiled, "The look on his face was priceless and besides, I just had a great meal on his anger."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he added, "I'm full."

Sometimes I feel like smashing his head but sometimes, I feel so annoyingly happy when Callahan did things out of the blue. It surprised me and irritated me as well. I chuckled as I shook my head.

Callahan was a devil who came into my life both as a curse and a blessing. I wonder what was his purpose in giving me each troubling day but in the end, he was the one who made things smooth for me.

"Callahan?" I called him as he raised a brow.

"Hold me." I said as confusion laced on his face.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I am going to be unconscious in a moment." And I lost it.