Chapter Three - Trouble in Paradise

Mulai dari awal

"His name is Hunter."

Amity spit out her soda and started coughing.

"We've know each other for a while, I think I'm going to ask him on a date next time I see him." Edric said, completely lost in thought.

Amity stopped coughing slowly and asked.
"Does this 'Hunter' just happen to have a tooth gap? Or am I thinking of someone else..." she said, hoping for a no.

"Yes actually! It's kind of adorable." Edric answered.
Amity took a deep breath and held it.
"I met him at the library a while ago with Emira." He said.

Amity was having a panic, she hated Hunters guts. And since when did Hunter even care about people? He'd probably just break her brothers heart!

"How long have you to known each other?
This won't end up like uh...last time...right?" Amity asked. She both just wanted to know how long ago they had met, and if her brother was just repeating a mistake he made before.

What happened last time was that he started dating a person who he hadn't known for to long, but he really liked them, but he found out after about 3 weeks of dating they were cheating on him with their Ex the entire time. He was crying for a long time after that.

"I've known him for maybe 3 months? He doesn't have a scroll so we send each other letters and meet up at the library. It's so romantic." Edric said and blushed.
"So that's why you've been going to the library so often?" Amity said as she began typing.

She aggressively texted Luz something along the lines of,
'S.O.S- THIS IS SO AWKWARD, MY BROTHER IS IN LOVE WITH GOLDEN BOY-" she texted in a panic, forgetting everything she ever knew about grammar.

"He doesn't go to Hexside so I think he lives a little further out by the Emperors Castle." He said. This also had to do with the return address for the letters being the Emperors Coven. But he figured he was only using the post system there to get the letters there and back faster.

"Mh-hm. Nice- cool- that's great." She said quickly as she continued texting Luz.

'He just was finished saying how 'honest' he is but he doesn't seem to know he's the golden guard.' She texted, every few seconds looking up at Edric.

'This is genuinely sad to watch.' She texted.
'That's kind of cute tbh.' Luz texted.
'I'm gonna tell him!" Amity texted.
"Maybe Hunter wants to tell him himself?." Luz texted, being surprisingly sensible.

Suddenly, there was a tap on the window.
There was a red bird palisman with a little paper in its mouth.
Edric gasped.
"That's Hunters palisman!" He said and walked towards the window and opened it.
The palisman flew in and dropped the paper on the table.
"Rascal?" Amity said. Rascal chirped, as if greeting Amity.

Edric took the paper but before opening it looked to Rascal, "Did Hunter want you to give this to me?" Edric asked.
Rascal chirped and nodded. It was a Sunday so no mail.
"Oh, he's such a romantic." Edric said and opened the letter.
"What- what did he say?" Amity asked.

Edric read over the letter. "Not sure yet," he said as he continued reading it. His smile faded as he continued reading.
"W-what..." he said.
He read over it again and made sure that it was Hunters sloppy hand writing and it wasn't some fake and to make sure he was reading it right.