Chapter 8

Drew and Christina were on their way back to his house. Miracle started meowing in the car within the first five minutes of the drive, but then Drew reached out his hand and petted her on her head to help calm her down and it worked. They made it to his house in no time. Dolph being in Christina's apartment really solidified Drew's promise of protecting her at all costs. He was not going to let anyone mess with his woman, especially the one who helped him break his walls down after his nasty divorce. Coming out of the car, Drew helped Christina with Miracle and grabbed the rest of her things. Upon entering the house, Drew's cats Chaz, and Hunter were waiting in the living room.

"Oh, my goodness, Drew! These are your cats!" Christina exclaimed.

"Yes, love. These are my babies." Drew replied. "It's like they knew we were coming home."

"They are so beautiful!" Christina said. "I can't wait to pet them, but I hope they are welcoming to Miracle."

"We will soon find out." Drew said. "Let me put her down so I can let her out."

Drew opened the cat carrier and let Miracle come out. Within a few minutes, all three cats stared at each other. Christina was afraid for her cat because they were all meeting each other for the first time. The black cat, Chaz, came up to Miracle first and started sniffing her, and then he rubbed on her, welcoming her into their home. Hunter came up next and started rubbing on her too. All three of them meowed and they look like they were getting along.

"Wow!" Christina said, shocked. "I can't believe what I am witnessing here!"

"I told you, love. They will get along just fine." Drew replied.

"Just to let you know, Miracle is a sweetheart, but she will defend herself if things get out of line." Christina warned Drew.

"Don't worry sweetie, Chaz and Hunter are the same too. Let's say all three of them will protect us too." Drew replied.

Feeling relieved, Christina petted and kissed all the cats, leaving them alone so she can drop off her things upstairs. Drew helped her place the litter box, cat food and the litter in one of the bathrooms in the house. She went to Drew's bedroom to drop off her overnight bag. Feeling exhausted from dealing with that scumbag, Dolph, Christina went to go take a shower. Drew was in his room, hearing the shower running, he wanted to go in there and help her feel better, but he didn't want to frighten her.

He decided to go downstairs to check on the cats, seeing they are all getting along. He checked the time and he told them to get ready for bed. Chaz and Hunter went to their room, but surprisingly, Drew set up Miracle's bed in their room because in his eyes, she is a part of the family. He kissed them good night and went back to his room. Christina is finished with her shower, and she dressed in a black tank top with short black shorts, showcasing her big butt. Drew couldn't help but stare at her beauty. Coming back to reality, Drew grabbed his clothes and went to take his shower. Couple of minutes later, he came out dressed in a white tank with black shorts and sees Christina sleeping in his bed. He turned off the lights, climbed into bed with her and wrapped his strong arms around her waist giving her a kiss on her cheek. Christina smiles in her sleep knowing Drew is with her, and they both fell fast asleep.

Late Sunday morning, Christina woke up and saw an empty space with a note on the bed. Picking up the note it says:

"Hello my beautiful love. I didn't want to wake you because you look so sweet and peaceful. I cooked you a surprise breakfast. It is waiting for you downstairs. The cats are all good and they are fed. I am out running some errands, so I will be out for most of the day. Just know you are always in good hands when I am by your side. I love you very much beautiful and I'll see you later tonight. Your Scottish teddy bear, Drew."