My face fell. The ray of hope shattered in a second. This cannot be happening. Why is everything turning out like this?

"But the good news is" Mr. Kim looked at Mr. Kim(the science teacher) and smiled, "We found a way to support you"

"Huh? I don't understand"

"Well, the school board rejected our application saying that you are already on a scholarship here. But Namjoon already had a plan so you don't have to worry about working and skipping school anymore."

"I'm sorry sir I still don't get it"

My homeroom teacher extended his hand to pat my shoulder. "You don't have to worry about anything. Just focus on your studies"

I was seriously so confused. If it wasn't the school aid, then what?

"You mean I'll receive a monthly rent fee?"

"Yes you will"

"But you said the school board didn't agree to it"

"Well yes they didn't"

Something clicked in my mind and I understood what my homeroom teacher has done for me.

"Mr. Kim, are you going to provide me with funds?"

He didn't look at me nor did he speak. This just proved my point.

"Sir I can't let you do this. I'm not worth it"

This time he looked me straight in the eyes and spoke in his deepest voice, "who told you that you aren't worth it? Yeonjun I know how it feels to be in your situation"

"Wh-what?"

"I experienced something similar to you but my homeroom teacher was kind enough to help me. And as a teacher myself, I want to help my students"

"But sir it's a lot of money. How will I ever pay you back?"

"It's not. I want you to be comfortable and safe. Study and achieve your dream. That will be your payback"

"But sir-"

"Don't worry Yeonjun. He isn't doing it alone. I'm funding you as well"

I couldn't speak for a minute. Tears were threatening to fall and I choked on my words.
"Th-thank you s-sir. I don't k-know what t-to say"

"Don't cry. Nobody deserves to live such a harsh life especially a kid your age." Principal Kim said.

"Yeah now go back and cheer up okay? You are not going anywhere."

Rather than saying anything  I just bowed as low as possible, picked up my bag, and left. I replayed the whole conversation once again in my head and that's when it hit me. I wasn't going anywhere. I won't be working in that place again! I was free! My speed quickened and I practically ran all the way to the library, wanting to tell a certain someone everything.

.
I spotted him sitting at our usual desk, reading a book. I happily skipped over to him and practically screamed in joy.

"Choi Soobin!!"

"Yah! Keep it down. The librarian would throw us out" he whispered and motioned towards the old lady glaring at us from behind her desk.

"I'm sorry but you were right! Everything turned out fine" I whispered back trying to control my smile.

"Really? Tell me everything"
And so I did. He listened patiently with a small smile on his face which widened every second.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you hyung!" He screamed but quickly covered his mouth.

The librarian waltzed to our table and shouted, "Enough you two. Out. Right now" she was angry so we quickly picked up our bags and scurried out.

"Sorry for getting us kicked out" he laughed.

I chuckled to myself. I was feeling happy for the first time in a while when I suddenly remembered something I had promised Soobin when he treated me to cake.

"Do you want to go out with me?"

Soobin stiffened a bit. He just looked at me in awe. Did I make him uncomfortable?

"I mean, now we obviously won't be allowed back inside so I was wondering if you would like to-"

"Yes"

"What?"

"Yes I'll go with you wherever you want"

I grinned. Okay, so I didn't make him uncomfortable. That's a relief.

________________________________________

Mr. Jeon<3

Today was a good day that's why a double update ;)

Saranghae♡