“And then we just wing it.” He finally says. I stop my tracks making him almost bump at me.

“We can’t just wing it.” I point out.

“Are you good with making stuff up?” He asks.

“Um…I guess?” I’m not that bad of a liar if that is what he’s implying.

“Then we should be fine.” Before I could process anything, he opens the back door to push myself in and then he closes the door slowly after him.  

“I hate you.” I mutter, walking slowly and attentively of my surroundings. “I find that hard to believe after today.” I could practically hear his smirk growing.

As I venture around the silky carpet that covered the marble floor, I hear something that I don’t every day.

“Sir, please calm down.” The desperation is evident in Luis’ voice and it’s near us. My eyes widen quickly, and I panic thinking that he’d catch the both of us soon. But then I realise that Luis is not the person to panic about but the owner of the bloodcurdling voice who answers.

“How do you lose a f*cking seventeen year old girl, Luis?! Everyone in this damn house is supposed to be looking after her!” The chills travel throughout my whole body and I slowly feel myself turning paler at the second.

“Who the hell is that?” Adam mutters from behind me.

“My father.”

I watch him from over my shoulder as his eyes slowly widen in disbelief and panic. “F*ck.”

“Think we can still wing it, Adam?” I fill my tone and voice with sarcasm and taunt. He sighs, running a hand over his chaotic mess of a hair. “Calm down, okay?” He mumbles.

“How can I calm down?! My father is just in the other room, thinking that I’m missing!” I whisper-shriek. He quickly looks around before pulling me with him to a room near us. It’s empty. After locking the door he faces me.

“Belle, calm down. We can figure this out, okay?” Adam softly says, sitting me down on a wooden chair.

“God, I’m so stupid.” I exhale, bringing my hands to my temples. “I shouldn’t have came with you. I should’ve known that he was visiting today. I should’ve-I-I should’ve…” Adam cuts me off with a tight hug. I immediately tense up but relax after five seconds in on the hug.

“I’m good as dead.” I mutter. My hands are limp to my sides and I don’t bother to hug back, too stressed out with what’s happening,

“No you are not going to die. We are going to explain ourselves.” He says and I push him back.

“You don’t understand. My father is a cruel man.” I nearly shout, tears brewing already. Adam doesn’t know a thing about my father.

All those posters, commercials and interviews that my father would constantly have are of his plastic side. In reality, he’s a ruthless man. He won’t take no for an answer and he won’t definitely bat an eye if he does decide to kill me. At this point in my life, I actually don’t know if he will kill me or not.

“I’ll go out first to expla-“I immediately cut him off. I stand up with terrified eyes. “No, Adam. You- you need to get out of here.” I say firmly. I won’t let my…only friend meet my father like this. Hell, I wouldn’t let them meet my father at all even if he’s in the calmness of state.

“Belle, no.”

“You don’t understand. You need to get out of this house while you still can. I’ll explain to my father that I wanted to go out by myself and I’ll face the consequences.” I state inflexibly. He opens his mouth to say something but I push him to the door and I don’t stop until we’re in front of it. I try to open it but he moves to block the way.