𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. magic of the moment

❛ ── chapter three
MAGIC OF THE MOMENT.

 ❜

          𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎'𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊, the doorbell rings. Elle awaits for a maid to open the door and watches as Min-Hyuk walks into view.

He's holding a folder in one hand and a fancy paper bag in the other, the girl eyes him curiously from the couch.

" It's just some fruit, I didn't want to come empty handed. " He simply shrugs before handing the maid the bag. Elle pushes herself into a standing position, picking up a plate filled with different bite-sized cakes and motioning it to him.

" Want one? They're imported. " She offers but Min-Hyuk refuses, sighing she sets the tray down before walking pass the boy. " Follow me. "

They make their way towards the room beside Elle's bedroom, and it dawns on him how quiet it is. " Are your parents not home? " Min-Hyuk asks, stuffing his hands into his pant pocket.

" They're out for work so they probably won't be back until late tonight. " Truthfully, her parents── like any normal parent── was skeptical on leaving their daughter alone at home with a boy, but duty called. And they had to answer.

The girl turned down on the door handle, the cold metal instantly heated up from her touch. Elle was nervous, she hadn't been in this room for years, and just thinking about it brought back many horrible memories.

" Make yourself at home. " She muttered, pointing to the cushion sofa. The only time anyone has entered the room was when the maids had to clean it.

" Wow, this is nice. Who would've thought out of all people, you'd have a piano. " He chuckled and Elle shot him a glare.

" I used to play the piano for my pageants. " The girl mentioned curtly, reaching for the white cloth that covered the instrument. With a slight tremble, she pulled it off and let it pool up on the floor beneath it's leg.

Min-Hyuk scoffed in amusement, his hand grazed over the top of the keys. Elle trailed her gaze on his fingers, it wasn't enough strength to play out each note, but enough that every time he passed one it left a noise of his nails clicking on the plastic pieces.

" You know how to play, right? " She questioned, moving to stand beside him.

He nods as he hits a few keys, still standing up. " Do you? " He suddenly asks, locking eye contact with the girl. Elle is taken aback by the question, was it because it had been asked with such sincerity? Or because someone had actually bothered to even ask about other things besides how it was working for this or that brand.

" It's been a long time, I think I've forgotten how to play it by now. " She managed to pull a tight-lipped smile.

" What? No way, it's muscle memory. I'm sure it'll be like second language once you play again. " Min-Hyuk persists and pulls out the bench, tapping on the cushion for her to sit.

" There's no time to play around, let's just hurry up and finish this. " She wines in annoyance, clear that she didn't want to play. " Hurry up and let's start. "

" Nope. I'm not starting until you do this. " He turns on his heel and plops down onto the couch, placing his hands over his head.

" Look, there's a reason why I stopped playing the piano. And I don't plan on opening that can of worms, especially not to you. " She snaps but Min-Hyuk didn't seem fazed at all.

" Well, it's either me or no one else. So hurry up princess. " His props one leg over his another, smiling smugly.

Elle scowls, she was seriously starting to regret all of this. There is a pause in the chit-chat before the girl ultimately gives in and slowly sits on the bench.

She places her hands on the keys, they threaded lightly against the white notes. Hovering. Trembling.

Does she really want to do this? Was it really worth reliving all those memories? Does she even remember any of the pieces? The pain was so numbing for so long, would reopening those wounds really be what's best for her?

The answer was no. It didn't matter what the question was, the answer was just, no.

Without realizing, her fingers began sliding off the keyboard as her vision grew blurry. She was a coward then, and was still one now.

In fact, she was so into her thoughts that only when Min-Hyuk's hands placed themselves on top of hers, she finally noticed his presence.

He grasped onto them and set them back down on the keys. He moved closer to her until her back was pressing against him, he bent down to her height and his face was right beside hers.

Slowly, the boy began controlling each of her fingers with his. Hitting each key with his strength but her delicate tips.

" I don't know what happened, and frankly I don't really care. What matters is that whatever you're afraid of is not here, and that nothing around us can hurt you. I'm right here. And you don't have to be scared. " His tone is tender and soft, and Elle finally allowed two strings of tears to fall.

" Nothing can hurt me, " she whispers to herself. And he nods.

" Nothing can hurt you. "

" I don't have to be scared. "

" You don't have to be scared. " He repeats, " I'm right here. Just keep going. "

Slowly, Min-Hyuk began letting her take back control of her movements. Her fingers moved to the next key like she had practiced it over and over a hundred times, the little waves of ecstasy that shot from her tips towards the rest of her body.

" See, I told you it was muscle memory. " Min-Hyuk muttered with a proud grin on his face when she finished the piece. " Good job, princess. "

Elle doesn't look up at him, but doesn't stop the smile that's growing on her face either. Maybe pass those horrifying memories, and the invisible strings she tied herself down with. There was the euphoric feeling she felt that had been buried deep down.

That moment, there was magic in that moment they were together. And even if they've never talked about that moment again to anyone, it remained between the two of them. A secret blossoming of a peculiar bond that will only stay in their hearts.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

lol not me cutting onions rn. and only three chapters in? damn we said slow burn, we don't know her. emotional trauma amirite :D very much don't like this chapter but oh well, also if you saw the first version, no you didn't. please vote !