"And I promise not to cause you any harm if you agree to tell everything I ask next," she offered keeping her orbs constant at his face.

V fidgetted his feet on the mat, his impatience sparkling in his shows. He filled his hands inside his pocket as he leaned upon a wall, watching the drama in front.

"So what did you decide? Come on, there's no fun in killing someone bluntly. Give me a reason that is justified enough to deal you with," Ruby flattered a casual stroke.

"I already said that I've nothing to tell you."

She jolted one of her legs upon the centre table placed before the man. He scanned her thigh high boots over which she stooped to have a clear face to face interrogation with the other.

"Did Byung-hoon send you to spy on him?'

"Ji- what? Who-who's even that?" he stuttered between his question.

"Hmm, let's see. Chen, get the electric shock baton. He needs something extreme."

John's eyes widened into saucers as he gulped in fear. "Wh-what on earth will you do with that?"

"Why do you even care? You've taken the oath of not telling me a word, so do I. My oath is to make you speak willingly," a devilish smirk lingered on her crimson tinted lips.

"But- No! My children! My wife! Please don't do that to me! I can't lose my family!" he pleaded, joining his hands. "I-I'm sorry, I'll tell you, everything! Don't, please don't do that to me!" he faltered an apology.

Ruby chuckled, " Good thing. Now, shoot." She plopped down on the off-white sofa right across to the wooden chair that was captured by the French native.

A sigh escaped his lips thoughtfully. "It was nearly four months back. I came here with my family on a holiday trip. We were really enjoying ourselves until one day, the affliction sunk over my shoulders. I was on my way back to our hotel, pretty close to midnight, when I saw a man being ruthlessly beaten to death. There was no one around the place other than the pathetic gang of people killing their victim," he paused. Seconds later, he revived the speech, "I couldn't help but stand there as I felt my feet numb. I couldn't move since it the very first time when I saw so much of bloodshed right in front of my eyes. I didn't know that this was to bring the greatest misery in my life. Those people threatened me that they'll kill my family if I spoke a word about them to the police or any public. I was at great loss when they captured my entire family-my wife and two children under their custody. Everyday I need to think twice before taking a breath only because of them, and so I was forced to work for them as well. They instructed me to check on Mr.V at the orders of to the criminal head, Byung-hoon."

"Mmm, as expected. My suspicions never go wrong, it got proved again. Now, V, what do you think we should do to him?" asked Ruby while lightening a tube of cigarette.

V rolled his eyes in a rather amusing way. "What can we possibly do other than setting his soul on a free trip to heaven?"

Mr. Laurent dropped on his knees before the two masterminds. He folded his palms together as he pleaded, "Please, save my family. They're innocent, they've absolutely no fault in it. Those rascals make  my virgin daughter serve them whiskey in the evening hours for my sake. Please, I beg you, protect my family and I'll happily accept my death at your feet."

His entire body quivered when he wept on the carpet. The cigarette got removed from Ruby's lips as she puffed a cloud of smoke.

"Don't worry. In that case, I'll help you to get your family out of that living hell. But I've a condition. You'll go back to that place on the pretext that you couldn't manage to get on with V. Is that clear? Also do not tell a soul that you met me."

"Deal. I won't release a word about you. You only got to save my family. These bastards never told me about their address though. I only know that it is some secret hideout."

"You just need to tell us how your wife and children look."

"Here," John shove his hands into his pocket, "I've their photograph in here." He forwarded a postcard sized picture of an olive skinned lady and her two offsprings, out of the wallet.

"Great. Now you're released. But remember, if you try to betray us, your gift will be the carcasses of your whole family, please do not oblige me to stain my hands with some innocents' blood."

"Absolutely not, you can count on me. I promise not to deceive you in any way, "John assured with a firm determination to which Ruby nodded in an assuring note.

.................................

An unknown aura

"So you're finally on the other track. You think you can fool my visions? Better luck next birth," a simper plastered the person's cheek. He yet continued gazing at the same with his binocular while enjoying the scenario from a rooftop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, I'm finally updating haha. Hope to be back soon.

안전 유지(Stay safe)

머무르다  금 (Stay gold)

See ya next time!