Normally people wouldn't pay attention to this, but the owl crashed down in front of Y/n, who thankfully didn't have any food in front of her any more while she looked at in shock, so they were intruding what it could be. Especially with another howler attached to it.

She immediately took the little owl and fussed over it, because the things looked heavy, before seeing that the package and howler were signed for her. The owl was also fine and Y/n could smell weed on its feathery body, which seemed unusual, but fitting for such a disturbed looking owl. 'Was this owl high?' She asked herself with furrowed eyebrows, but then her e/c eyes landed on the flaming red letter that was basically begging her to finally open it.

The sleepy girl with her yellow robes on, gently opened the howler and let it rise to the sky in an ominous manner. The whole student body held their breath to hear what this howler was about to yell.

"Y/N!" A loud male voice screeched out and everyone covered their ears, because this one sounded happy but was so much louder than the one Ron received.

"I WANTED TO SEND YOU AN ORDINARY LETTER, BUT I MET THIS NICE WOMAN, WHO WAS JUST BUYING A HOWLER TO SCOLD HER SON SO I THOUGHT I SHOULD BUY ONE AS WELL!" The voice screamed out while the howler was grinning widely. Y/n finally realized that this was her dad's voice and smiled at the howler with excitement.

"I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT YEAR AT HOGWARTS AND DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME AND ANDREW SOME OF YOUR NEW PICTURES! LOVE, DAD!" The howler yelled at last, before vanishing just like the previous one. Y/n was still grinning widely, because she heard from the voice in her head that her dad and this Andrew were dating.

Her "real" Dad never sounded this excited before, he was always grumpy and most of the time at work, while her mother always victimized herself. It wasn't like she hated her parents, but it was clear that they weren't meant to be together or that they should have had her. Y/n was extremely happy for them to get divorced and live their lives like they wanted to, because she always felt like it was her, who forced them to stay together and she felt terrible for it.

"What's in the package?!" Zehra excitedly yelled and shook the girl out of her thoughts.

"Don't know, wait let me unpack it." She replied just as excited, while Astoria quietly leaned over her shoulder to see the things she got.

When Y/n opened it she let out an excited gasp. It was lots of muggle sweets and a record player with some records at the bottom of the box.

"Wicked!" She yelled excitedly and took out the sweets, while offering them to everyone at her table, that she could reach. After that she quickly packed up in an hurry, but not before turning to her friends with a big smile on her s/c face.

"Thank you guys again for helping me to spice up my essay!" She said and bowed her head shyly.

"No problem!" Zehra said with a grin on her face, while biting into the caramel chocolate bar she had gotten from Y/n.

"Yeah, now your essay is 'lit'! That's what you said last time right..?" Astoria answered with an unsure tone, but still enjoyed the strawberry milk she got from the h/c girl.

"Yep! Anyways I still have to give Professor Snape the essay so see you guys in a bit?" She asked while putting the record player and records back into the box and deciding to carry it until lunch, so she can put it in her dorm.

"Sure, hope you won't lose us any house points, dumbass!" Zehra scolded lightly, while Astoria just waved her hand shyly.

Y/n quickly walked over to the Slytherin table and to her three girl friends, who greeted her with excited smiles.