~1~

My body moved as I went to sit up in the bed I was in. I let out a loud yawn and scratched my cheek. Then my eyes opened and saw different walls as well as the room entirely different. It was also bitter cold. I shivered in my spot trying to figure out where I was. All I remember is talking to those two... Oltera... and what was that other guy's name again?

I shook my head as I tried to think of where I went to. I guessed maybe somewhere north, cause of the chill cold that welcomed this very room. My teeth cluttered as I shivered. My hands rubbed my arms quickly to warm up, to no avail. I sighed as I looked around to see if there was an open window which their was. My body turned and got out of the bed I was in to shut it. Small warmth came in and I let out a relieving sigh.

That's when a door opened, I turned to see a tall old man. He had a long beard and hair colored white. "I see you awoke."

"Who... where..."

"I can answer those questions after you eat and warm up in the living area." The man said and left, with the door open. Confusion hit me, does he know who I am? Should I tell him where I am from? I shouldn't because I just talked to mythical beings, the last thing this man wants to hear is someone loosing their mind.

I slowly made my way out of the room and was automatically warmed up. A sigh left my lips again as my muscles were unclenched. On a table was bread and what seemed to be soup. My stomach spoke of hunger and I blushed at it's loud growl. "Eat." The old man laughed and I went over, sat down, and tried the soup. It was earthy but good. I ripped bits of the bread and dipped it into the soup. Together it was amazing.

After a while of eating, I finished and wiped my mouth. "Now. I will answer your questions." He said as he sat in front of me at the table. The cracks of the fire was the only sound around. I swallowed whatever I had left in my mouth and adjusted my sitting position. "Um well... Where am I?" I asked. The old man leaned back, "You are in the Dwarf country." He said and I tilted my head, "Dwarfs as in... little people?" I asked and he hummed and grabbed a cup and drank whatever was inside. "Are they friendly at all?"

"Mostly towards Men, no. Elfs get the worse treatment though, because they are such opposites." The old man explained and I stared down at the table. So I'm near dwarfs who could most likely see me as a threat. Great. I thought as I shook my head and stared at him, "How'd I get here?"

"Seems that you were tossed aside, which makes me question you where you are from." The man said as he stared at me and then lifted his scrawny finger towards me, "And where you got that ring." Ring? I let my head down and saw a silver ring with blue gems place upon it, it was nicely made as well. "I... don't know how I got this." I explained and the man hummed, "Maybe the last person you were with gave it to you. Do you remember?" I quickly shook my head. I can't tell this stranger about Oltera and the other person. He might think I'm crazy, or worse think of me as a threat. "Hm... so you have a little adventure to go on."

"What?"

"The answer to why your here... as well as how on Earth you got that ring." The old man said and he was right. I needed to find a way back, as well as figure out what got me here. Those beings... Oltera and the other elf didn't tell me much either. "That is the first part of your journey the other... is to seek the dwarf king, Thorin Oakenshield." The man said and I raised an eyebrow, "Why do I need to find him? Is he sort of the reason for the ring?" I asked as I looked at the ring again. "No, more like I need him for assistance with my own quest."

"What is that?"

"Well it has something to do with some hobbits. It's nothing with you, just ask him for his assistance."

"But sir, you just said dwarfs don't really like humans." I said as I looked up and he was gone. "What the fuck..." I muttered as I looked around. "Hello?!" I called to no answer. How in gods name am I going to find this one dwarf?! I'm pretty much in dwarf country like he said! I thought as stress started to build up to me. I didn't know where to go, it's chilly, and the only person I was sort of relying on is gone.

I just need assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a long while, I decided to leave. I grabbed a random fur coat and slip on shoes and walked out to be met with snow. Great. I thought as I shuffled through the snow. I highly doubt that anyone could be out here in the frigid cold. My body continued to shook as I tried desperately to warm myself up by rubbing my arms or wrapping the coat tighter to me.

The breeze was the worse part though. Every second a breeze would come by and lead a whole bunch of coldness to gather around me.

All I wanted to do was just wake up from this crazy dream.

That's when I heard some yelling. People! My eyes widened as I quickly shuffled through the snow and around a hill was a campfire as well as some people around the fire. People! Thank the lord! I thought as I slowly made my way down the hill. When I came closer I then started to realize this 'people'... they seem shorter than I thought. My thoughts were then cut off when my left foot slid forward and my body rolled down the snow infested hill. I ended up at the end of the hill and within seconds those people gathered around me, their eyes filled with surprise. That's when their gazes then became anger as they grabbed and started to wrap a rope around my wrists. "St-Stop!" I yelled as they continued to talk to one another in another language as they then forced me to stand. Then one of the taller ones gazed up at me and said something threatening under their voice. Then they called everyone as they then pushed me to follow them up a steep hill.

I... I have been captured by small people. These must been the dwarfs that the older man was talking about. Fear was starting to sprout within me. I don't know what dwarfs would do to humans... I have yet to find out.