꧁Chapter 13꧂

.

Gabriella thought today would be a nice relaxing day of her and Magnus, but she was totally wrong.

The hybrid sat on the couch, reading one of the many books that the duo owned, all was peaceful around her, Magnus on the other hand was experimenting with some ingredients and potions.

Well, it was all peaceful until a knock came to the door, "Could you get that, please?" Magnus called out as Gabriella stood up, walking to the front door before opening it, seeing Alec, Gabriella huffed quietly before letting him in, walking back to the living room with the shadow hunter in pursuit.

"Tired of bickering over your guest list to the wedding?" Gabriella said as she sat back down, Alec just watching her, " I need to ask you something." Alec stated as Gabriella stopped reading, looking up at Alec," Will it take long? I still have 4 more books to read, plus there is not much for us to talk about. " She grumbled as Alec sat down," It's not about me or.. any of that." Alec responded, gesturing to the 2 of them," Its about my sister." Alec stated as Gabriella placed her book down, quickly sitting up with a worried expression.

"Oh I see.." Magnus interfered," Are you talking about the fact your adorable fiancée had Isabelle on trial for treason? " Magnus asked as Gabriella thought, remembering the conversation she and Magnus had a few hours ago.

"   Well, what can I do for you, Alec?" Gabriella spat, sitting back down as Magnus handed her a martini before going back to work," My sister wants you to be her defense attorney." Alec stated as Gabriella sat up, intrigued.

"I said I would ask." Alec added to his sentence as Gabriella placed the martini aside, thinking for a split second," But I'm sorry to bother you. ...I know a Downworlder cant defend a Shadowhunter in court." Alec finally finished as he turned around, beginning to leave," But.. a Shadowhunter accused of a crime can choose any advocate." Gabriella responded, The hybrid would do anything in her power to protect Izzy from spilling her secret, so this could be a favor?

 Alec turned around to the girl who nodded to her statement," That can't mean a Downworlder." Alec spoke, he seemed to be trying to deny the fact that Gabriella couldn't be used as a advocate," Back before Downworlders were a mer' problem in the Time of The Angels,  The Clave thought a Shadowhunter wouldn't even dream of asking a Downworlder for help, They didn't even bother to exclude us." Gabriella explained as she took a sip of her drink," So, since you all say.. The Law is The Law." She mimicked in a elderly mans voice," There's nothing stopping me from being her advocate." Gabriella finished her statement, standing up to look at Alec.

"Oh, obviously for the right price." Gabriella added with a smirk as Alec watched her before shrugging," Name it," He said," You." Gabriella instantly responded," In fact, I'll do you pro bono." Gabriella smirked as Alec took a deep breath," Anything else?" He asked, a little uncomfortable as Gabriella thought," What's important to you? what tells me is so worth the sacrifice of you sister?" Gabriella thought out loud as she stood next to Alec.

"I know, that beautiful bow and quiver you have." She smirked as Alec seemed lost," How's that?" She asked with a grin, Alec glanced around, thinking to himself," Done," He sighed, looking back at Gabriella.

Alec left a second later as Gabriella untucked her wings," Hm, so your now a Advocate?" Magnus asked, appearing next to her," Seems like it." She responded before sighing," Lets choose a nice outfit then." Magnus spoke.

.

.

The huge cleared out hall consisted of most Shadowhunter's, a Silent Brother and the Inquisitor, Gabriella, who was wearing a black skin tight dress with a white collar, stood in front of the soul sword, obviously skeptical of it, she remembered that Magnus old her that touching any mortal instrument would cause her Angelic powers to try and break free," Will I survive if I touch it?" She asked the Inquisitor, eyeing the sword.