"I thought I was about to die" he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

I grabbed his waist and held him close to my chest, "You really think I would let you die?"

"Of course you jerk! I told you I'm not good at swimming"

I let him catch his breath and calm down.

"I'm sorry"

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry to startle you earlier. But trust me I would never let anything happen to you. I promise"

He just looked at me and that's when I realized our close proximity. I instantly removed my hands from his waist and backed a bit.

"Just know that nothing will happen to you okay?"

"Oh okay" Yeonjun hyung looked away and I once again saw the red tint on his cheeks which made me smile.

"Come on let's swim" I took his hands which I felt were calloused, but I didn't mind. They are perfect the way they are.

.
It took Yeonjun hyung 10 minutes to complete 2 single laps before he jumped out of the pool to catch his breath. His face was red and sweat was visible on his body.

"How do you do this every day?"

"It takes practice"

"You are the fastest on your team right?"

"Kinda"

"Yes, you are. What's your most impressive record?" He sounded extremely curious.

"Official or unofficial?"

"What's that?"

"Official records are made during competitions and unofficial records you make during practice," I explained in the simplest way possible.

"Then tell me about your unofficial records"

"Double relay sprint in 1 min 56 secs"
(a/n: flex#2 that's one of my own personal records)

"Woah. I have no idea what that is but it sounds amazing." (Double relay sprint means a 4 lap sprint race. A school swimming pool is not more than 30 m so 4 laps mean approx 120m)

"It is actually. I'm lowkey proud of this one"

"You are so cool"

.
After our conversation died, we just sat there in silence. Yeonjun hyung was sitting with just his legs in the water whereas I was lying on my back on the water surface. The silence wasn't uncomfortable. It was soothing.

"Hyung?"

"Hmm"

"How are you?"

"What's with this sudden question?" He chuckled. I turned to see a smiling Yeonjun hyung but his eyes were screaming pain and tiredness.

"I just wanna make sure you are okay"

"I'm fine" as soon as he said that, his eyes welled up, tears threatening to fall but he was quick to wipe them away.
Without thinking anything, I climbed out and sat beside him, holding him by the shoulders.
"Hyung you don't have to tell me anything. I'm sorry for asking"

It took him 2 minutes for his tears to stop flowing. It broke my heart to see him sad like this.

"I just don't wanna leave. I want to stay here" he hiccupped.

I was confused, "Leave? Why would you leave?"

"My parents want me to come back"

"Why?"

"It's stupid"

"It's not stupid if it made you cry"

"You promise you won't judge?"

"Of course not"

"Okay so..." he began.

Yeonjun hyung told me everything. He told me about the conversation he had with his parents. He told me about how they asked him to come back. He told me about his job hunting. He told me about the kind of work he did at the food factory. He told me how his life turned upside down. My blood was boiling. How could anyone make someone as delicate as Yeonjun hyung work 12 hours a day?? It was a miracle he was still alive.

He then told me how Mr. Kim has offered to help him. He told me why it was difficult for him to get school aid. He told me everything before he broke down. All I could do was hold him and wipe his tears. I had no power. What if he actually leaves? No, he can't right? Mr. Kim will help him right?

"It's okay hyung. Everything will be fine" it sounded as if I was trying to convince myself that everything was going to be alright rather than him. To be honest, the thought of separating from him scared me. How can I let him go without telling him how I felt towards him?

.
It was around 7.40 when we decided to change and go back. He had calmed down and was back to smiling. His smile, it suits him.

"Thanks for today Soobin. It was really relaxing"

We walked out of the school together and halted at the gates.

"That's good. I'm glad my plan worked."

"Haha yes. And also thanks for listening to me and not judging" he mumbled.

"Hyung don't thank me. And why would I judge you? You did nothing wrong"

"Hmm"

"Look. I'm proud of you okay? You are so brave. I can never be like you"

He smiled at me. It was beautiful.

"Thanks. You made me happy today"

"And you do that to me every day," I said under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. You said you had to go for your part-time?"

"Oh shoot I'm late. Bye Soobin I'll see you tomorrow" he turned and ran.

I just chuckled watching his figure getting smaller and smaller and then finally disappearing. I hope that everything works out because I wasn't ready to let him go. Not now. Not ever.

________________________________________

I'm super relaxed and happy so here you go with the next chapter. Really hoping you like it!

I love ya'll <3