True colors

~True Colors~

~

Finally being in Professor Snapes class room alone, made every ounce of stress leave my body.

"Want to tell me what's wrong?" He leaned against the front of his desk giving me a questioning look.

"Another bad dream, but last night was one of the harder nights." I bit my nail and looked at the floor. I was sitting on my desk I shared with the hufflepuff girl.

"What was it about?"

"My foster family. Christmas break is coming soon. They've been so angry after their daughter went to college. She's not there for them to give their love to so they've been worse to me. In my nightmare they almost killed me. There was so much blood. They didn't even look like them. They looked like the monsters you're scared of when you're a kid. Professor... I'm scared to go home." I finally look up at him with watery eyes.

He wasn't quite sure what to say but he knew he had to say something.

"You know you don't have to go back. You can stay at hogwarts during Christmas break."

"What if they are worse during the summer than they usually are since I decided not to go back and let them get their anger out?" The tear that was begging to be released finally made its way down my cheek.

A little hiccup involuntarily escaped my mouth and I ran into his arms. Something I had never done in the past. He always let me stay in his classroom when I needed a safe place, but it was always strictly no touch. Neither of us said it but it was implied. We were both cold to mean people. Because of that we understood each other.

But I have never been quite this scared except a few other rare occasions but I still didn't show him completely how I felt.

He stood there for a moment unsure of this new feeling which he had shared with no one. He had no one.

After a couple of seconds he wrapped his arms tightly around my figure and held me so close I could hear his rapid heart beat.

It was beyond comforting. I felt like I literally melted in his arms. His smell calmed me down. The way his arms wrapped around me calmed me down. His cheek against my head calmed me down. For a moment I felt like I was actually seen. That someone actually cared for me. I could tell this was a new feeling for both of us.

I could feel my skin tingle. I knew that the tips of my hair were turning blue.

I pulled back a bit to where we weren't hugging and I was standing a few inches in front of him.

"Your eyes....they were green. Why are they blue now? Same as your hair." Right. I forgot about that. He's the first person who had ever seen this.

"It comes from my mother's blood. She died when I was three. My eyes and hair tips turn colors with my emotions. That's why I act the way I do. So it won't be change in front of people."

"So blue...means..." before he could finish he interrupted himself with a sad look and pulled me into another long hug to which I gladly melted in. He took it away. All the hurt. Even if it was just a moment. I knew I could trust him. Him and only him. He was so much like me that I knew he understood.

I had to lean forward because he was still leaning on the desk but it made me feel even more safe.

He was holding on so tight. Like he wanted to claim that he wouldn't let anyone hurt you.

Slowly my looks went back to normal. And we both knew this moment couldn't last forever. No matter how bad we wanted it to. Life still goes on and time keeps passing us by.

"Thank you Professor." He just hugged me tighter at those words.

❄️❄️❄️

That night at dinner I was in a pretty good mood. Of course I didn't show it.

Dinner was fresh cooked fish of different kinds, Grilled and seasoned chicken, Salads with different topping and dressings, and Custards with all kinds of treats mixed in.

You got lemon pepper salmon, salad on the side, and a scoop of custard.

While in the middle of eating and griffindor boy came and sat by me.

"Hi. I'm West. I was wondering if you'd like to come sit with us at our table." He had a sweet smile but he didn't play the part right. You knew there were hidden conditions to this offer.

"What part of me gives the impression that I'm in the mood for any company such as the likes of you? Now I'm gonna say this one time, go bother someone else with your horny teenage hormones before I royally screw you to the next season. I did always want to try that spell that turns you into a worm. I could use practice before I try it on your friends." I gave him a sweet smile with eyes that burned for him to keep trying.

"What the fuck?!" He slightly raised his voice.

"Piss off. Or I promise you will regret it. Raise your voice at me again and it'll be the last time you'll be able to speak." I slightly whisper that part looking him in his eyes.

He quickly went back to his table and after that I completely forgot who he even was. Why should I remember? He's nothing but someone to forget.

I went back to my food and slowly eat before standing up to make my way to my dorm. Since there was an issue of whether I would be able to come back, because of my foster family, they had to find me a room last minute. So I got a room to myself this year.

The hallways were almost dead. A few students coming to and from the library, and Professors,  walked past but that was about it. The paintings started to go to sleep and the ghost drifted mindlessly along with boredom. The only places that were warm were the places with no windows and had a fire lit. Other than that the cold winter air whisped through.

The painting on our house entrance was awake because, for her, the day wasn't done. She still needed to let students in from dinner.

Telling her the password I stepped through and saw a couple Ravenclaws sitting by the fire. The room was nice and warm. If this place was more secluded I would sit in here too, but people walk through here all the time.

Finally I made it to my room in the girls dormitories. I pushed on the cold door and it creaked open to a nature themed room. I lit the small makeshift fireplace I had made and it quickly started warming up. Which I was glad to feel he heat on my skin.

I changed into a pair of shorts and a crop top tank top. It doesn't matter what I wear because I don't plan on leaving my room tonight.

I pulled out an old book that was my mom's, that Dumbledore had kept safe until I was a 3rd year, and started looking around for random stuff. I wanted to practice so I wouldn't loose my strength handed down to me by my mother's blood. My mom wasn't human but she was very powerful. Unlike anything the wizarding world had seen in centuries. Maybe that's why she was killed. She was a good person but people envied her. Xayla Prince wasn't famous but the few people who knew about her were jealous. I learned everything I know about her from Dumbledore when I started to attend Hogwarts.

Finally I stumbled on a spell that causes others to be disgusted by who the spell is casted on. This page tells you how to undo it but it does ware off after 24 hours.

I sat in front of my mirror on the floor and practiced on myself. I thought hard about myself because that's who I wanted to be affected at this moment. Then I opened my eyes. My fingertips glowed with a silver light and I felt the magic leave and go to my face. I looked up and nothing had changed. I looked the same but felt oddly disgusted by my appearance. I looked the same but the magic convinced me that I was ugly.

Knowing that it worked I undid the spell and then cast it on Ace and Pansy Parkinson. Baby I don't play nice. Everyone knows but you need another lesson to get it into your thick walnut skull.

Now we just wait to see how tomorrow goes...

__________________

Oop. What will happen tomorrow? I can't wait for you to read the scenes that explain the character more, and ALL the scenes with our lord and savior Professor Severus Snape.