Chapter 23 - "Te va doler mas a ti que a mi.."

(Edit- 2/25/22)

     A couple of days have passed. Today Shoto and I trained together with endeavor supervising our training so he can give us tactics. We fought with our flames; though every time I fought with Shoto I never gave my all like if I was going in Shotos speed of how much he could take. It felt like endeavor was using me for his son's sake at times, like if I was an object that Shoto had to kick, climb, disappear, or plant.

Currently we filled the whole practice room with fire, sweat dripping from our bodies. Endeavor interrupted in-between us applying his flames, he outburst our flames away and spoke.

"In order to become a hero you have to go past your limits," he turned to Shoto "You have to show Mondragon you are a capable opponent," he turns his face to me, " and you have to have in mind emotions will get in the way."

I pant and say "what do you mean 'emotions will get in the way'? *pant* Do you think I can lose control that easily?"

"Everyone has limits and your limits are your feelings." I gulped in his response. Am I that readable? I've been with him for some days and he can already assume my weakness. "No one can lie, your strength is phenomenal, you've made that quirk of yours something spectacular but even the strong ones have weaknesses no matter how hard things can get, you will push but anything can trigger your heart and mind."

"I! Y escucha bien I am strong and I will never let some foolish feeling get the best of me." I wipe the sweat from my forehead and walk away, getting a sip of water. Shoto walks beside me and also gets a sip of water.

"These days being on an internship with you has shown me how weak I'm compared to you at this moment but one day I will be at your level and furthermore."

I looked at him with an unbelieving smile, "really? you barely realize how weak you are and! compared to me! por favor," I laugh "no but yeah I'm totally not that powerful don't get mistaken your so much greater than me! I could kneel to you right now!" I sarcastically say.

"huh? Should I laugh too?" He gets confused. I start to doubt this boy has any comprehension of what sarcasm is.

"It's nothing."

"Let me tell you something Mondragon," I turned to look at all mighty endeavor standing beside me, the same old pose arms crossed and back firmly. "How would you respond to a situation of someone you love getting killed or killed in front of your eyes?"

I tightened my jaw and my eyes avoided his stare. If I ever saw my brothers in that situation... at that moment.... "I would demolish anything and anyone."

"In a situation like that you have to learn how to control yourself especially rencor and revenge."

"Métete eso por el culo. How can you say that when you haven't experienced losing someone? You will know that feeling someday and I promise you that whoever does anything to the people I love is dead." I say this coldly, making it known I am not playing games. He looks at me and back at Shoto, then turns around, heading to the door.

"You two, let's go. Wear your costumes. I will give a last round in the city."

"at this hour? We've been learning and training since morning. It's already dark outside." Shoto says

"No excuses. Hurry up"

We start walking around the city, all of a sudden big and weird giant creatures start appearing from nowhere; people around us start screaming. Endeavor flames up the creatures and a small old man arrives.

"Endeavor your here. Nomus are surrounding the city, hurry up and evacuate and help the civilians."

"no need to tell me." Endeavor starts rushing and helping all the pro heroes around. I myself was about to help, but Shoto ran the other way. Is he running away? I got distracted from Shoto. I didn't notice a large bird creature approaching me and punching me like a sack of beans. I slid onto the ground and swung my body up towards the Nomu. I kicked him hard in the face, my eyes open wide as it didn't have any effect. My punches and kicks always work no matter who or what. The Nomu grabs my ankle and slams me on the floor. I smirk on the ground and the nomu screams and brings his fist in the air above me, ready to smash their big fists on me.