She clears her throat and taps the screen one last time, which shifts to Bubbles in mid-run, a bright, easy smile on her face. "And that, my succulent chocolate chip muffins, is where my - no, sorry, our - story is going to begin!" As the camera slowly zooms in on the first scene of the story, the young boy jumps up in front of the screen again, his panic apparent.

"PLEASE HELP ME! MY NAME IS MIDORIYA IZUKU, AND I AM LOST AND IN NEED OF HELP, PLEASE HEL- AGGGH!" Steam billows out of the heroine's nose as she drags him out of the scene, his cries heard off camera as the scene begins.

I bounded down the street as fast as my legs could carry me, slipping past the throng of pedestrians that looked on at me with exasperated expressions. My backpack bounced in time to my steps and the paper in my hand crinkled as I looked down at my watch. Anxiety grappled my chest in a chokehold.

"Aw fuck nuggets, I'm going to miss out on the cupcakes again," I bemoaned, the store finally in my sights. Some people stopped in my tracks with a jovial wave, their eyes crinkling with warmth.

"Hey Bubbles! Off to get some more ingredients?" One of them called, and I nodded quickly, flashing them a tiny, hurried smile.

"Yup, if I sprint, I should get there before the family cupcakes pop out!" I explained, turning back around. I unfolded the crinkled paper and skimmed the list quickly. Whipping cream, strawberries, and... Something that looked concerningly close to anchovies, which caused my face to scrunch in confusion. I read closer, and it actually said ananas, which are pineapples. Still a confusing request, especially in French, but it made better sense for a bakery than anchovies. "Bleh," I said aloud, causing a couple of listeners to furrow their brows.

I kicked in the door, the aura of urgency surrounding my form in red light. The store clerk sighed, shaking his head as I sped around the store in search of my goods. He knew that I always pushed it to the last minute, causing complete chaos in his poor store. I spared a moment in my witch hunt for ingredients to cast him an apologetic glance, before rushing to the fridge section. Canisters of whipped cream were lined up like stalwart soldiers, and I giggled, placing two of them in my basket. When I was about to turn the corner into another aisle, a scream sounded, promptly followed by the shattering of glass.

I ducked down and covered my head, my heartbeat loud in my ears. I glanced upwards, and I could see over the aisle crimson feathers fluffing out. The slithering voice of a villain caused my heart to squeeze in fear, and I trembled in place. "You come anywhere near me, hero, and I'll slit this man's throat," he warned with a cackle. The hero cursed, his feathers ruffling more. I couldn't quite see him, but I didn't have time for that.

My family would take no excuses when it came to cupcake time.

My eyes wandered for anything, and they landed in my basket, looking at the canisters of whipped cream. My eyes widened as I gently pulled open the fridge, acquiring two more metal containers and gripped them tightly, my frame shaking. This was reckless, absolutely and undeniably, but those cupcakes were a one-and-done deal, I wasn't giving them up for anything. There were very few things I looked forward to in this life, and those fucking baby cakes piled on with frosting were an absolute must-have in my life. I couldn't go another week after I had missed six!

I slipped around the corner, keeping my body low and silent, which wasn't that hard considering my size. I popped off the lids and shook the cans vigorously, praying that it would be enough of a distraction for the hero to do his job. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. It was now or never. I took in a deep breath, hanging the basket on my right arm, and I jumped up, high in the air.

"WHIPPING CREAM ATTACK!" I bellowed loudly, and the villain turned around, his black eyes wide as I sprayed the cream all over him. He howled, accidentally releasing the man in his disarray, who took off running down the street. Immediately afterward, vermillion feathers shot forward and pinned the villain down, smothering him in cream. I dropped the empty cans and sprinted for the cash, slamming the money on the counter and speeding off, shoving the things in my bag. "Sorry for the mess, bye Mr. Tasiki!"