“You need to stop being so … so … help me out here!”

“Weak?” Ethan offered.

“Yes! That. You need to stop being so weak. I understand how you feel about Michael and you don't want to hurt him, but you still have the right as his boyfriend to talk to him and ask questions. If there is a him, as you put it, it could be important. And you should know about it. I'm not saying that you need to demand an answer out of him – just try to initiate the conversation.” Emily finished.

I sighed. It made sense to probably ask him about it. I just didn't want him to shut me out and refuse to talk about it if I had to push it. And I really didn't want to start any fights. That was the last thing I wanted. I spent the rest of class not paying attention – again – and thought of nothing but getting through fourth period and then meeting up with Michael.

We needed to talk about this. And as soon as possible. It was really starting to bother me that Michael wasn't telling me this. It was like he didn't trust me enough to tell me. And I knew that there were things I didn't know about Michael but I could just ask him about stupid things like his favorite color or his favorite thing to eat. But this, this was different. It was extremely personal and it was asking Michael to open up to me about his past experiences with someone. Whether it was good or bad. I didn't know. All I knew was that it was the reason Michael's been crying. Why he's been doubting himself. Why he was up a three clearly trying to distract himself. Why he's been so distance, and why he always used to push me away from him. It was why Michael is like he is now. And I need to know why.

When school was finally done and I met up with Michael. He enthusiastically kissed me and smiled.

“Wow. Okay, you're in a good mood.” I said laughing.

“Yeah, just a little.” He said with a wide smile and threw his arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed him closer to me. He laughed and held on tighter when I picked him up a little. “Put me down!” Michael laughed with flushed cheeks and his eye where the lightest I'd ever seen them.

As I put Michael back down he gave me some more kisses and I knew this was completely out of character for him. But I liked it. And he did seem to be genuinely happy for once. And I realized I was fucked. Because there was no way in hell I wanted to ruin his happiness with serious talk. So I made a note to bring it up a little later. Just for now, I would let it slide and pretend that everything was fine.

Michael held my hand as we walked towards his house, “So what's got you so excited?” I asked.

“The party of course!” Michael said. He when on to explain his plans that I half way recalled from this morning. We walked into his house and we were greeted by one of his maids, Andi. Michael took me up to his room and we talked about the party some more while I half way did my homework.

We were laying on the bed with books and pens and highlighters covering everything. There was paper all over the floor that both of us were too lazy to pick up. And Michael laying on my back might have something to do with that. I tapped my pencil against my paper. I was staring at it and everything made sense and didn't at the same time. I huffed out a sigh and gave up for the moment. My eyes looked around Michael's room. It was simple and neat. Everything was either white or a light wood. Or a variation of blue and grey. The only things that really stood out were pictures and little decorative items. When I thought about it, Michael's whole house gave off a really mature and warm feel. And it felt like Michael. But a very … well, a very rich Michael. Unlike Zack he never acted like he had all this money. But I guess it made sense. Zack liked being flashy and showing off and being in your face. Where as Michael was a lot calmer and didn't really take anyone's shit.