Welcome

Katara pov:

I decided to go to talk to Aang. It has been a few minutes since Toph left, and Sokka was with Haru and the guys, so I wanted to take advantage of the peace.

"Aang? Can we talk for a moment"

"Sure, what do you need,"

"I was wondering why you were so silent when Zuko showed up?"

"I was thinking of that time you guys were sick and needed the frogs, remember?"

"Yeh. Why would you be thinking that?"I said confused

"Because that day he was the one that save me when Zhao capture me, dressed like some kind of spirit "

"Oh, I didn't know ...... well I still don't think is a good idea to trust him," I said

"Yeah me neither " he paused and then put his hand on my shoulder" But it's nice of you to worry" That reminded me of the other thing that I wanted to talk about.

"I ..... hmmm, also wanted to talk about the kiss before the invasion, "I said

"What about that?" Aang looked at me confused

"Ahhh..... well, it's just that I was confused and scared that you wouldn't come back, so I did it without thinking.

"Oh, so you don't feel the same way as I do ?" He said with his head down. I wanted to say that I didn't feel that way but I couldn't.

"No... I mean maybe we should wait"

"Oh.. okay I can do that," he said with a smile on his face and then he left. I feel bad for lying to him

_____________

Zuko Pov:

I can't believe how stupid I'm, of course, they wouldn't want me in their group after what I did to them, especially Katara I know I did a lot of damage to her, to her family, and her trust. Sometimes I hate myself for that. When I look back at that day in Ba Sing Se, I can't believe how I didn't see her pure intentions and that special connection I feel . I mean I knew I had to work hard to gain her trust again but now I can't.

"I guess is better if I just go to sleep"

I went to my tent, not knowing what to do now because I didn't have a backup plan. My uncle will be disappointed. I was just falling asleep when I heard something.

"Who's there? Stay back" I said, shooting a blast of fire.

"It's me " I hear..... wait isn't that the little cranky one that travels with the Avatar... Monkey Feathers!

"You burn my feet "

"I'm sorry it was a mistake"Great I screw up again

"Get away from me" she yelled at me while shooting rocks at me and escaping.

"I'm sorry" I shouted and followed her to explain but she escaped.

" Agggg Why am I so bad at being good" I shouted

_____________

Katara pov:

I was starting to get worried because Toph wasn't anywhere to be found, when she finally came we found her with her feet burned.

"What happened ?"I asked

"Well I kinda went to see Zuko, last night"

"What!?" I said while dragging water so I could heal her.

" I just thought he could help"

We place her in the fountain so I could heal her more easily

But Toph was still defending him, telling us that he didn't mean to attack her, that was just an accident.
When I was about to tell her how stupid was her idea we heard a ..... BOOM!

It was that assassin, but then we heard a "Stop!" I can't believe it was Zuko. What kind of game is he playing?

_____________

Zuko Pov:

After defeating the assassin I decided to try to explain and apologize myself again.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks, Zuko." I was so excited about what he said.

"Listen, I know I didn't explain myself very well yesterday. I've been thought a lot in the past few years, and it's been hard, but  I'm realizing that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth, I thought I had lost my honor and that somehow my father could return it to me, but I know now that no one can give your honor it's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right. All I want now is to play my part in ending this war and I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world"

"I'm sorry for what I did to you, It was an accident," I said to Toph "Fire can be dangerous and wild "

Aang and the gang agreed to let me in the group... Well Katara didn't seem convinced, but it's okay because I will do whatever it takes to gain her trust and her friendship.

Sokka walked me to my room, I won't lie it was awkward,then  Katara walked in.

"Hey," I said

"You might have everyone else here buying your transformation, But you and I both know you've struggled with doing the right thing in the past, so let me tell you something right now you make one slip-up, give me one reason to think you might hurt Aang and you won't have to worry about your destiny anymore because I'll make sure your destiny ends right then and there permanently".

Well, she hates me ...  that's wonderful. It will be much more difficult than I imagined to earn her trust. Great job Zuko.

__________

I hope you enjoy the second chapter

please vote and comment :)