Chapter 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

Start from the beginning

"Man, having a sibling is not the world, bruh," I laugh. "Eda has been running shit since her head popped out the cooch. Since you know, my parents don't really take care of us," I say the last sentence lowly, "I'm really like a mom and a big sister in one. So it's really hard having a younger sibling."

"You doin right, Enez," she pats my arm. "What, she like a stereotypical teenager?"

I nod. "The sneaking out, the parties, the drinking," I sigh. "It's crazy, but I actually felt more comfortable with her doing it back in Baltimore. Before all the shit with that gang happened, niggas knew us. They knew how my parents was. I trusted people not to lead her too far in the wrong direction, to look out for her. If they saw her somewhere, they'd shoot me a text and let me know. Out here- it's very different."

"How'd you find out she was at the Galleria?"

"My best friend from back home shot me a text saying she saw Eda's Live and that the location said The Galleria," I explain. "I just hope she's still there and hasn't went off elsewhere."

"Yeah me too," Die says, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"I'm really tryna hang when you got some time," Die says softly. I almost didn't hear her over the noise of the hallway. "Hmm?" I look down at her, she only a few inches shorter than me. "I'm tryna hang when you got some time," she shrugs, repeating herself. "Well bet den. I'm up for it," I say. We dap each other up before we go our separate ways.

Yeah, I gotta bag Dynera.

She sumin special.

Dynera (Die) Ericks
US History Class
11:07 a.m.

I don't even realize Enez is in my US History class until I see a hand gesturing for me to come here.

"Well shiver me timbers bitch," I say, dapping her up. "Ian know I had you for US History."

"Me neither. Why yo ass late," she smacks my ass. I playfully buck at her then sit down. "Had to talk to Mario for a second. He gon give me some replacement edibles. He had given me a bad batch," I say lowly. She nods and starts at her nails. "He the one with waves that Nina was talking to?"

I nod.

"I'm thinking bout switching my hair up. I'm tired of it being long," she complains. I looked up at the bun that barely sat on her head. "If you just do it right or get it braided or some shit, it could be fire."

"Ion feel studly enough with my hair long," she complains. Then holds up her hands. "Ian saying you not a real stud or nothing if like yo hair in braids, or you wear wigs, or yo hair long," she lists off, "but I just don't feel comfortable as a stud with my hair straightened and long and shit."

I nod, even though I stay wearing my shit in twists.

"I mean, whatever makes you comfortable. So what you think you gon do to it?" I ask her as the teacher starts talking and handing out a syllabus. I swear it was the same shit every class. First day stuff.

"Ion know yet," she takes her bun down and redos it.

Our convo melts away, and we both start focusing on the teacher. Only one more class left then we out this bitch. "What's yo last class?" I turn to Enez.

"Music Production 2," she answers.

"Oh, so you finna be up in their rapping," I smirk.

"Yeah, I can freestyle a bit," she tells me confidently.

"Gon head and show a real nigga sumin," I say.

"Hoppin on da beat and it's smelly...I'm da shit, eat yo girl like she deli. Used to fuck wit a shorty named Arely...and if a nigga want smoke...ima get my niggas ready. Chop that nigga up...like a machete. Want that wet, wet...no Fetty. School these niggas in da class, get a credit. Bitch I'm da shit, we gettin messy."

My mouth falls wide open. "Nigga Ian know you had some bars," I hit Enez's arm as I laugh. "I gotta clean some shit up, I'm better at songwriting than rapping, but yeah," Enez shrugs. I smile at Enez, "Yo ass just might make it out da hood." We bust out laughing, causing everybody to look back at us.

"Sorry, sorry," I try to hold up my hand, covering my face with the other.

"Bro and I saw what you did there wit Fetty. Like Fetty Wap," I say, laughing. "That nigga said sum, want dat wet, wet no Fetty," I say.

The bell rings and it signals for seventh period.

"Broo, I swear I thought it was time to go already. I was finna jump up with joy," I laugh, turning to look at Enez. It looked like something was bothering her. I raked my mind over a list of things that could be getting to her until it reached her sister.

I laid a hand on her shoulder but she only brushed it off. "You have no idea how high I'm gonna jump when I see Eda's ass," she says bitterly, "ima jump so high she won't see me landing on her stupid ass when I knock her out."

"Enez," I say, looking over at her.

"Enez my coochie," she mumbled. Then slinging an arm over my shoulder, she looks at me. "Want me to walk you to your next class?"

"Sure," I shrug, trying to ignore her sudden mood change. Enez walks me to my Psychology class slowly, seeming uncaring when the tardy bell rang for the last period of the day. She was definitely gonna be late. "Don't stop caring about what you wanna do because you have a lot to worry about. Get where you need to be, Enez," I tell her before she closes the classroom door for me.

"Thanks," I hear her mumble as she walks away.

Don't forget to vote and comment 💨