"And they told us she could cause some problems. What a joke." I hear one of the men speak in his Russian accent over me and I feel so embarrassed.

I bite the inside of my mouth, refraining from cursing him to hell and back.

"Shluha vokzal'naja." The other one says in Russian, and this time I can't help myself.

"Zhopu porvu margala vikoliu." I curse at them in Russian, still facing the floor.

A sharp pain erupts in my abdomen as I receive a kick from a steel-toed shoe and I'm left gasping for air.

"Watch your tongue, Hooy na ny!" One of the men exclaims and spits on the floor next to me. I see stars from the pain.

"Right. Just wait till we get the other one. That should be more fun." His companion replies and they both chuckle, a sound that makes the hairs rise on the back of my neck and I dread for whoever they're talking about.

"Enough. Let's go." The dark-haired man speaks and the men stop laughing instantly and I hear the sounds of boots as they turn away from me.

"Potselui mou zhopy, soldat." One of the men shoots at the dark-haired man and I turn onto my side and catch them exiting, casting ugly glances at the dark-haired man they keep calling soldat.

He doesn't seem vexed at all, he just calmly waits for them to walk by him before he casts one last empty look at me and closes the door with a loud slam.

I stay down for a few moments, trying to catch my breath and my wits. I'm in what looks like a small cell, illuminated by the same kind of cheap, harsh lighting as the rest of the place. The cell is completely gray, covered in concrete and no windows to be seen except for a huge mirror on the wall next to the door. There's a worn metal ring high up on one wall, probably a place to shackle prisoners, and there's the saddest looking silvery toilet I've ever seen.

I gingerly sit up, my abdomen still reeling from the kick it received. I feel utterly humiliated by the treatment I've just received. My bladder makes its unhappiness known once more and I somehow make it up to standing and wobble over to the toilet. There's not much dignity left in me as I unbutton my jeans with much difficulty as my hands are still tied behind me and somehow shimmy them down. With a satisfied groan, I sit down on the toilet, hoping no one is observing me through the one-way mirror on the wall.

What a fucking day.

I officially decide: I absolutely loathe the year 2014.

Another passage of time passes with nothing to keep me occupied or help me tell time. The fluorescent lights irritate my eyes and I wish they would just leave me in the dark, that would honestly be preferable at this point. I somehow manage to pull my tied-up hands under me and manage to get them out in front of me which at least alleviates the pain in my shoulders, and I manage to untie my legs. After a few uneventful walks around my cell, I slump down against a wall opposite of the door and resign to waiting, trying to listen out to any sounds outside of my four walls, but everything remains deadly silent.

When I honestly begin assuming that I've been completely forgotten about and left in the cell to rot forever with no means of escaping and having to be stuck in the past, my insides constrict as I hear at first muffled footsteps which grow louder until they come to a stop right outside of the door. I hear a couple of voices and some keys jingle before the door swings open and the two guards from earlier step in, followed by the dark-haired man and a tall, very put-together woman.

I perk up slightly, straightening my back as I wait for someone to speak up first. The silence stretches out as the two guards just stare out straight in front of themselves, clearly on their best behavior, the dark-haired man looking at me with little interest, his black mask now gone, revealing a pale face with some stubble, a face which I have a feeling I've seen before. The woman is the only one who looks like she's got some spark of joy in her as she studies me intently, making me feel like some sort of exotic animal the zoo has just acquired.