"They say hugs can make sad people safe and comfortable." She rubbed my back soothingly. "I know you are sad about Yeonwoo's death."

"I met Nancy before she died, and I met Yeonwoo before she also died. Am I bad luck?" She shook her head.

"It's just a coincidence that they got killed the same day you met them."

"I'm not going to forgive the suspect behind these killings." I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth.

"I told you Lili, people are not innocent like you think. We all had good and bad sides." I pulled away from the hug and she looked at me.

"You say that Yeonwoo got killed because she messed with someone?" She nodded.

"Yeonwoo is Nancy's friend. She is also involved in her friend's illegal doings." I furrow my eyebrow.

"How did you know all of this? Why did you keep it all to yourself? Why didn’t report it to the police?"

"It's not my business, Lili, and I hate police officers because they are always late, and they are all stupid."

"I don’t think they are all stupid." She shook her head.

"Call the police, tell them someone is following you and tell them where we are. You already got killed before they arrived here. They are stupid because the murderer already killed a lot of people before they caught him." She responded blankly, which made me sigh.

"Why did you take law as a course?" I questioned her and that made her smile.

"Because my first love said that she wanted to be a lawyer in the future." She cupped my face.

"F-first love?" I stuttered and she nodded.
"Who?" She rolled her eyes.

"Who else? Of course, the one and only Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban Brüshweiler- Kim." She smiled widely at me, showing her signature gummy smile.

"Why did you dump me five years ago?" Her gummy smile turns into a sad and guilty smile.

"I was young, dumb, and naive back then. I thought that I don’t love you and I just love the idea that you are always there beside me. You are the perfect girlfriend. You are always there for me, especially when I need someone to stay beside me.

There is nothing wrong with you because I’m the one wrong here. I chose Kim Hanbin instead of you because I felt normal when he was around me. I thought being with him would make me happy and normal, but it's the total opposite. I crave your presence and I'm hoping that you still love me."

"So, you hate that you are in a relationship with a girl?" I inquired and she shook her head.

"You can say that being with a girl is way different from being with a guy. When I'm with Hanbin, I felt normal, but when I'm with you, I felt way too special. You know how to make a girl special and you know how to give me butterflies in my stomach."

"The real reason you broke up with me is because you thought you wanted to be in a normal relationship." She nodded, and the guilt was evident on her face.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"At least I learned what the real reason you suddenly broke up with me was. I've been asking myself, What's the reason you broke up with me?" I smiled at her and she sighed in relief.

"You're not mad at me?" I shook my head.

"Your very kind Unnie talked to me before and she made me realize that we both suffered from that break up."

"She did?" I nodded. "Aishh, that unnie can’t really keep her mouth shut."

"Actually, she is a good unnie, and she did that for you because she wanted you to be happy."

We watched the lights of Seoul and a comfortable silence surrounded us.

I looked at Jennie and she felt I was looking at her. That's why she looked at me. I held her right hand, and I slowly leaned towards her.

I gently kissed her on the lips; it was soft and sweet. She opened her mouth for me, and she welcomed my tongue. Then, she snaked her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss.

Our kiss became rough and aggressive. It was like we were both craving for each other's lips.

When the oxygen became the problem, we slowly pulled away. Our foreheads are leaning towards each other and we can feel each other's breath.

"You kissed me." She uttered it and I smiled.

"I kissed you." She hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"I miss you so much, Lili."

"I miss you too, Nini."

We stayed for about half an hour, hugging each other without saying anything, just enjoying the moment.

When we noticed that it was already late, I walked her to their home while we held each other's hands.

•••

I went back to the penthouse and I saw the light in the living room was open. Rosé is sitting on the couch; her arms and legs are both crossed.

"What time is it?" She asked coldly, and that made my body shiver. I opened my phone and checked the time.

Shit!! It's already midnight!! She might kill me.

"11:57PM." I replied, and she got up from the couch. She walked towards me, and she smiled at me.

She had my right ear in the blink of an eye and was pulling it until we arrived at my bedroom.

"Sleep, we are going to talk about this tomorrow." She demanded, and I nodded.

"Ne~Goodnight Chaeng." She glared at me, then she smiled at me.

"Goodnight, you stubborn monkey." She went to her room and closed her door loudly.

She is so fucking scary!

I sagged in my bed as I received a text from Jennie.

11:55 PM Nini 
> Nighty nighty Lili, I'll see you in my dreams. Love you😘

11:56PM
> Nini, good night, sweet dreams😊

I put my phone on the bedside table. I didn't bother to change my clothes because I'm too lazy to get up and I'm already sleepy.

I closed my eyes and I let myself fall into a deep slumber.