💜Part Two💜

For some reason, your heart sank upon hearing Michael's name, and that overshadowed every other emotion you were feeling at the time. The feeling wasn't something you could control, even though you knew you shouldn't have been feeling like that. Beth saw the way your stare had turned blank, but she didn't suspect what the true reason was. If anything, she took your silence as her cue to let you know more about the situation.

"It all happened so fast, even I can't believe it myself. We got together, and got engaged all in less than a year!" she laughed. "But he's...just amazing, and the fact that we've been friends for a while just makes this even better!" she continued. "We already knew each other, so it didn't take much for us to decide to get married!"

"Wow...Beth, I just....I'm...trying to wrap my head around it still," you let out an airy chuckle after a few moments.

"I know, and I wanted to tell you earlier, but Michael really wanted to keep everything a secret for as long as possible," she rolled her eyes playfully. "But now that we're getting married in a few days - you have to be my maid of honour!"

The words hit you like thunder, causing your heart to sink further. Though you didn't want to admit it, there was a lump in your throat at the thought of Michael marrying Beth.

Stop it, (Y/N), this is your best friend!

"There's....going to be a ceremony?" you asked quietly.

"Yep! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!" she clapped her hands. "Everyone's staying over at the ranch to make organizing everything easier - so I really want you to be there with me! I honestly don't know how I'll get through without my best friend!"

It was now that guilt began to seep along your bones, knowing that Beth had no clue as to what had happened all those years ago.

But then again, you had never expected Beth and Michael to begin a romantic relationship.

"Oh please tell me you'll come and stay over until the wedding," she got to her feet, walking over to you. "You're the only sister I have," she giggled, taking your hands in hers. "We've been through everything together, and now I want you to be a part of this milestone of my life...because it certainly isn't going to be the same once I'm married," she squeaked with anticipation.

You stared at her soft blue eyes, and you knew that you wouldn't be able to say no. But even if you could have said no, you wouldn't have wanted to anyway. After all, Beth was your best friend, and you intended to be there for her no matter what.

"I'd love to be a part of everything for you," you nodded, making her burst into joyous laughter.

"Aah!" she practically screamed, throwing her arms around you. "This is going to the best thing ever, (Y/N)!"

Forcing a laugh of your own, you returned her embrace, only one other thought on your mind now.

How am I going to face Michael?

⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

After a little over half an hour, you had contacted the school that you taught at, requesting a few days' leave for your dedication to help with Beth's wedding arrangements, and of course, you had been granted the time you had asked for. Once that had been sorted out, you had packed a couple of overnight bags, enough to sustain you until the wedding, and soon enough, you had been on your way to Neverland.

Beth had been gifted a new car, by her husband-to-be of course, so she had been the one to drive you. For the entirety of the car ride, you had been seated in the front passenger's seat, remaining quiet as Beth gushed about Michael, and the looming wedding ceremony. She harped on and on, but you couldn't concentrate on a single word she spoke. Instead, you stared out of the window, watching as everything sped by, your mind plagued with the image of Michael from the night you'd spent together.

You didn't know how to feel, but you tried to pretend as though everything was fine. Everything had to be fine.

Time seemed to have just danced by without bothering to wait, because before you had known it, Beth had announced that you had arrived at the ranch. Your eyes widened as you came back to your senses, a sensation of wonder taking over you as you observed the grand fashion in which the front gates opened.

"Wow..." you whispered, awestruck by how beautiful everything looked. It had changed a little from the last time you remembered visiting it, but the grandeur was all the same. "It's as stunning as I remember," you stated as Beth drove up the long path that led up to the mansion.

"I know right!" she chirped, the biggest smile on her face. "I bet Michael can't wait to see you again!"

Spinning your gaze back to her, you couldn't help but feel a little uneasy at her statement. "What?" you asked, appearing almost frightened.

"Yeah, I mean he is still your good friend! We were all friends before, remember?" she giggled, oblivious to your discomfort. "Ah, I remember how well the pair of you got along! At one point, I really thought you had some chemistry going on, I used to think you'd make a really cute couple!" she wiggled her eyebrows. "But I guess it just wasn't meant for you guys," she winced a little. "Nevertheless, don't worry, because I'll make sure I don't take up so much of his time that I hinder your friendship! And I definitely won't forget that you are my sister!"

"That's....so sweet, Beth, thank you," you forced yet another smile as your heart grew heavier. "You're the best,"

Why do I feel like this?!

Then, Beth brought the vehicle to a stop right outside of the mansion, bursting with excitement as you both made your way out of the car.

"I know I've said this a thousand times before, but this is going to be the best thing ever!" she squealed as she pushed her door shut.

Just as you were about to reply, you heard someone speak from behind you, startling you a little.

"Need a hand?"

But it took you a second more to recognize that voice, and when you did, you could have sworn your heart stopped beating for a moment.

You would have known that voice anywhere, and the fact that you hadn't been prepared to greet the source of the voice, just yet, had made the moment all the more intense for you.

As you turned around, your insides twisted viciously at the anxiousness that coursed through you, your mouth running dry when you set eyes on your friend again.

Michael.

៚ ⋯⋯⊰☆