💜Part One💜

You opened the door to see the face of your best friend, Beth, whom you hadn't see in months. She had only just come to visit you after such a long while of not being able to meet with each other, and now that you were finally reconnecting, it was the best feeling ever.

"(Y/N)!" she ran in, throwing her arms around you with a laugh of utter joy.

"Beth!" you giggled, returning her embrace with just as much enthusiasm. "Agh, it's been so long!" you shook your head as you stood back to get a better look at her. "Wow, you look amazing! I bet you're doing even better with your work!" you clapped happily.

She waved you off, gesturing to your rather commendable apartment, her face bright with pride. "Excuse me, look at how well you're doing - you have your own apartment in a fairly affluent part of the city!" she squealed. "You're killing the game!"

"Oh please, you have a masters in biology now, I'm sure you've secured a job much better than teaching," you snickered.

For the past two years, you had been working as a primary school teacher, your specialized subject being English. Though you'd had the qualifications to ascertain a higher paying job, you loved the idea of spending time with students, and teaching them with love and dedication. You adored the idea of helping mould young pupils' futures, and since you enjoyed that sort of environment - you had easily found yourself a job in that field.

And so far, you had been loving it.

For Beth, however, you were certain that she was on her way to a job in the medical field. The two of you had been best friends ever since highschool, and it was safe to say that she had become your soul sister.

The both of you had done well for yourselves, so well that your circle of friends had extended to people that were better known as celebrities. Oh yes, with the remarkable potential you both possessed, you had quickly found yourselves rubbing shoulders with renown individuals. Of course, you hadn't formed fully-fledged friendships with all of the famous people you'd met, but with the ones you had - it was an amazing experience. One of the great friends you and Beth had both made was none other than Michael Jackson himself.

He had become acquainted with you and Beth a little over six years prior to present moment, and even though there had been a short period of time where you and him had had something - it was more of a friendship than anything else. Just a little after you'd first become acquainted with him, the two of you had wound up spending the night together after a rather crazy party that Beth had organized, and the morning that followed had been one of the most harrowing experiences of your life. At first, you were both startled to learn that you had slept together in the midst of a drunken stupor, or at least you knew that you had been in the grips of a drunken stupor. Without a doubt, you had remembered that you had wanted it just as much as he had appeared to have wanted you, and you knew that you had consented - it was just that you felt conflicted when you had awoken the next morning.

Between the two of you, it had felt as if something had been there, something potentially romantic that had led the two of you to give in to your sudden desires - but in the end, you had decided that it had been nothing more than a drunk night. At the time, you hadn't been ready for the complexities that a potential romance with Michael would have brought, and you certainly didn't want to see what would happen if a romantic relationship did form, only to end before it could last. If a romantic relationship had failed between you and Michael, it might have ruined a good friendship forever - so ultimately, a mutual course of action had been confirmed. It had been decided that neither of you would speak of what had unfolded, acting as though it had never happened at all.

And conveniently enough, the pair of you had successfully maintained a friendship without even needing to acknowledge what had happened - the perfect dynamic for everyone, you believed.

Suddenly, Beth's voice snapped you back to reality, forcing you to realize that you had lost yourself in thought without being aware.

"(Y/N)! Earth to (Y/N)!" she yelled, waving her hand in front of your face.

"Wha-" you shook your head before focusing on her again. "Sorry, I just....I zoned out," you flashed her an apologetic smile.

"You haven't changed," she commented with a laugh. "But that's what I'm counting on, because that's what I love about you," she grinned.

"Clearly you haven't changed either," you replied as you pushed the door shut, motioning for her to make herself at home in the living room area. "But just because I lost myself in thought, doesn't mean I've forgotten that you were supposed to tell me about the work you're doing now!" you assumed your expression of interest once more. "Tell me all about it! I can't believe it, my best friend has a masters biology now!"

Beth's face fell slightly as she walked over to the sofa, setting her handbag down before she sat down herself. "Yeah, about that," she let out a sigh as you followed to join her on the sofa that stood across from her. "I didn't...get my masters,"

"What?" your eyes widened. "What do you mean?" your jaw fell open.

"I didn't complete my course....but I made that decision consciously," she bit her lip. "Actually...I'm getting married soon, and that's why I had to come and visit you again...because I need my best friend to be a part of it!"

You were still taken aback by the fact that Beth had more or less given up months of hard work, and that was not the Beth you knew. Without a doubt, you supported her choices, you supported her as long as she was happy - but that didn't mean you weren't shocked by the sudden change in her life.

"I won't really need to work once I'm married, and I...think I like the idea of making a home for my marriage - I want so many things now that I never wanted before," she smiled. "Agh, (Y/N), you need to be with me through it all, because I'm getting married this weekend, and I can't do it without you," she giggled.

"Woah, woah, this weekend?" you gawked. "But it's Thursday!" you blinked in disbelief. "When did you get engaged? Better yet, whom are you engaged to?" you let out an exasperated breath.

Her cheeks went red as she broke into a dreamy grin, her eyes sparkling as she spoke her answer happily.

"Michael,"

៚ ⋯⋯⊰☆