Deepest desire

I'm back!!

TW: addiction, smoking, alcohol

Also I would really appreciate if you share this story with your friends or followers. I can do the same with yours if you'd like that! Just let me know <3
_____________

It was Friday, the 8th of September, the day when Amelia was supposed to go to Mickey's party. The last days were pretty tough to her, her mother was watching the girl pretty close always suspecting her of something, the nights were good though. She was happy when the sun was setting over the horizon and the city plunged into shadows. She still thought she wasn't becoming an addict when in reality she wanted more and more of that content feeling the drugs were giving her. Every morning was like nine circles of hell all over again - a headache, thirstiness, apathy, irritability, unreasonable anger, cold, loneliness, dizziness, and tiredness - until she took a pill. Then everything came into its place.

Today was also the day where every member of her big family was supposed to come for dinner. Amelia was happy mainly because that meant she would see Derek but she was scared that he would notice something was off.

"Amelia, come help me with the chicken," Carolyn yelled as soon as the girl entered the house. She just came back from school and was exhausted because all of her teachers decided to not let her sleep anymore and that she had to answer in classes. Amelia also started to bring the perfume with her everywhere she went so her mother wouldn't notice she was smoking.

"Okay," she shrugged heading to the kitchen. Amelia needed to not screw up today or she would never have a chance to go to a party she had been dreaming of for the last week.

It was already around 6 when they finished with chicken and Amelia went to change. She still didn't ask her mother permission to go out tonight since she was sure she wasn't allowed to. But she didn't care, she thought she would just crawl through her window again. The girl went straight to her closet and took her favorite black jeans and a red cropped sweater. She checked the pack of cigarettes finding that there were only 3 left. "I need to ask Mickey to find me more," she took a mental note and put the pack back in the jacket's pocket.

Suddenly she heard loud noises from downstairs. Doctors were gathered together. Amelia took a deep breath getting ready for a horrible dinner because her sisters would say things to her for sure and headed downstairs.

"Mom, dinner smells amazing," the man's voice said. The Shepherds had only one man in the family so it was obvious who said it. Amelia ran faster and saw her brother, Derek Shepherd, a man with dark curly hair and deep beautiful eyes.

"Derek!" the teen yelled and jumped at him with excitement wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hey, Amy," he whispered holding her tight in his embrace.

"Hello to you too, Amelia," Kathleen made a snarky comment and went to the kitchen looking down at her little sister, Nancy and Liz followed her. "Oh screw you," Amelia thought and smiled at Derek.

"How are you doing?" he asked letting her out of his arms and staring deep into her eyes. That kind of eye contact always made Amelia feel safe but shiver at the same time. It was like he could spot every little thing she was hiding and now that was something she couldn't let him.

"I'm okay," the teen shrugged, "I missed you, big brother."

"I missed you too," Derek softly smiled, "you sure you're okay?"

"Totally," Amelia tried to stay calm so he wouldn't catch her lying.

"Dinner's set," Carolyn yelled from the dining room.