Once you both had made it to the spot, you laid the comics down on the grass and then settled yourself onto the edge with your legs hanging off. Ruby soon followed your actions and calmly sat on the ground with her hands on her lap, sitting like some kind of boy in his emo phase. The breeze of the cold ocean air blew through your hairs in a soothing manner that made you breath in the salty debris. A satisfied sigh left your lips as you closed your eyes, leaning back a bit like you were looking up at the stars. "Now." You began quietly, almost in a whisper manner. "Tell me about this partner of yours, if it's not a problem."

Ruby's eyes soften at the thought of her other half, remembering every adventure they had and all the missions they went through together. She let out a small breath, her red orbs gazing up at the orange and purple sunset, admiring the view that can only be described as beautiful. With enough courage, she grabbed a handful of her red shorts that wrinkled in her tiny hands.

"Where do I begin…"

✪❖✪

The bell on the door rang as it opened to reveal one of the pizza sisters with a smile on her smile, holding a $40 in between two fingers. "Dude, Kiki, I just got the biggest tip from some kid and I'm totally gonna buy those boots now!" She exclaimed in a cocky tone. A snicker left her sister's mouth as she leaned on her elbows against the counter. "Whoa! Seriously?" Jenni pressed her back on the edge of the counter in a cool position, her arms laid on the flat surface with her hands dangling off the ends. "Yeah, she was like all the way out on Brooding Hill, which is totally out of our delivery radius, comforting some little friend." She shrugged casually while gawking over her big tip.

Steven couldn't help but listen as it struck something in him, urging him to eavesdrop in the conversation. He stared down at the floor and leaned in closer, ignoring the confused Amethyst giving him a weird look. "She must have been crying because she was, like, really red, literally." Worry surged through his body as he looked up at the purple woman with a face full of surprise, noticing she had the same face. "Ruby!"

Amethyst narrowed her eyes at you as she stood up from her seat. "Let me handle this Steven, no more adults should be putting anything else on you! Just let someone else take care of it for once..!" Steven flinched slightly at the loud volume, shocked she was angered by him helping people. He didn’t know that she felt so strongly about him trying to be a good friend when he had just got back from the trial. He noticed that the gems had been more protective around him, on guard most of the time. Now that he knows his mother was actually Pink Diamond, his view on everything she did changed drastically. He understands why she was trying to have him calm and relaxed after what had JUST happened.

The door rang once more as Amethyst stormed out with her fists balled up, on her way down the walkway. As much as she seems like this whole situation wasn’t bothering, but inside, it was. When she had heard about Rose being Pink Diamond, it didn’t leave any effect as she never really did anything to her that could’ve made her hate her, but that fact that it went to the point of Garnet unfusing, it made her scared that they won’t ever get back together.
“Wait, Amethyst!” Steven called out, bursting through the door. “There’s someone else who needs help even more, and it’s you!” He yelled as he pointed at the purple woman. Amethyst froze in her spot, sweat beginning to drip down her forehead. “Amethyst, we need to talk..”

As much as she actually wanted to sit down and have a normal conversation with him, she couldn’t let him get through to him until they found Ruby. It was their mission to get them back together, for now at least. “Can’t now, bud! I’m going to find Ruby!” Purple light surrounded her body as she shape shifted into a helicopter with her blades spinning, lifting her off the ground and into the sky. Steven covered his face from the debris she had left behind, watching the gem fly off in the sky. Guilt struck her as she had a bad feeling leaving behind the boy, but not stopping anyways. A feeling never stopped her from going through with something she had set out to do, so not even him can make her turn back.