Chapter 19: Middle Names

Start from the beginning

"Your right." He sighs, but I can still tell he's anxious about the fight.

"Are the girls coming?" Kai asks, changing the subject.

"I know Mavis is coming, I invited her last night so I don't know if she's had a chance to ask the other girls yet." Milo tells us, his face completely lighting up as he talks about Mavis.

"I'll text Belle tonight, to see if her and the others are around." I Lean back spreading my legs, throwing my arms over the couch. I haven't seen Belle since Monday, which had to be one of the best days ever.

"Oh you are so whipped." Milo smirks, shoving three nachos in his mouth all at once.

"I know you aren't talking." I point my finger at him, "you start glowing when you talk about Mavis."

"I know I do." He says proudly, speaking through the nachos in his mouth. He swallows and takes a sip of his beer before continuing. "But have you ever seen how you look when Belle is around."

"Hey! No crumbs on my couch." Luca yells at him, brushing the crumbs off of Milos shirt and the sofa cushions.

I furrow my brows at him, but don't reply.

"You can barely keep your eyes off of her." Kai chimes in.

"And your constantly running your hand through your hair, which we all know is a nervous habit of yours." Luca states.

"Do not." I deny, "but I will admit that I like her." They narrow their eyes at me, "and she is definitely the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"Ha!" Milo claps his hands and leans back on the couch, a grin on his face.

"I never said I didn't like her."

"But you won't admit that she has you wrapped around her little finger."

"Fine." I huff, "I've only known her for two weeks and I don't even think she likes me back."

"Dude, are you being serious?" Kai scoffs.

"Mavis told me she's had a rough past." Milo says, "she didn't tell me what, but she told me it might be hard for her to let you in."

I frown, "I'll just have to be patient I guess. And if she doesn't want me then that's her choice."

"Trust me, she will." Kai says firmly.

"Okay, enough about me." I swallow the last sip of my beer. "How are things going with you and Mavis?"

"They are amazing. She is the most amazing girl I've ever met. She is beautiful, and she really helps me with my anxiety. I would be a complete mess if she wasn't coming to my match." Milo gushes. "I've taken her on three dates, and I think I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend after the match."

"I never thought I would see the day, where Milo Vantiglio gets a girlfriend." I joke.

"Shut up." Milo hits me with a pillow, "just wait until you come running to me asking me how to ask Belle out."

"I know how to ask a girl out." I exclaim, "I've done it before"

"Your last girlfriend was 3 years ago."