Dr. John Watson

If anyone is confused, the way I would explain this story is, this journal is all of Merlins life (past, present and future) thrown together like a memory book, a photo album if you will, of his life. The Knights and Arthur are reading Merlins future and past life thrown together into a book, what his entire life has been and to an extent- what his future has been like. Merlin has already lived these memories, his future is a memory for him (thanks to the doctor) so for him, all of these entires are memories but for the Knights and Arthur, it's Merlins future. Idk if that makes sense but that's how I'm explaining it. Merlins life in a chaotic existence so that's why I'm writing this the way I am so... yeah. Enjoy!

Everyone looked at each other feverishly, the sting in the back of their eyes more prominent now.

They all immediately looked to Merlin, whom had shifted slightly in his sleep but was still in an incredibly deep almost comatose like sleep state.

Arthur swallowed dryly, before looking to Percival- whom almost immediately handed over the journal- and looked to everyone, his eyes meeting all of the Knights eyes firmly. He looked down and turned the page, only to find the next two pages covered. The first page was covered in a well drawn sketch of a man, standing straight backed in strange clothing, the markings on a band he wore around his arm showed that he was importance. The way the drawing was sketched, the mans hair was a greying blonde, yet still vibrant and glorious, small writing next to the drawing were Merlins writing, of course,
"Dr. Watson."

On the page next to the lovely sketch, was yet another symbol. All the men nodded, saying that "yes, we want to continue" and with that- Arthur firmly pressed his hand to the symbol.

Another flash of light and the thing everyone immediately realized, was the heat.
The humid heat that smacked everyone in the face, and the noise. The persistent noise sounding like a loud rattling 'tap tap tap' that rang throughout the desolate waistband, the men immediately realized that they were surrounded by sand.

Hot, tan sand that burns to look at.

And suddenly, everyone is thrown to a certain point, everything around them becoming disoriented for a moment, before they all witness as scene that shocks them.

Merlin, of all people, appears seemingly out of nowhere and has quite skillfully slit another mans throat, his clothing is interesting in itself.
He wears different shades of tan trousers, a sleeveless tan shirt that mimics Percival's shirtless chainmail- revealing his arms and parts of his torso, which is not skin and bone as everyone assumes but pure muscle and strength. His muscles thick and obvious but not as to disorient his body but obvious enough to show his strength. His face has smudges of something darkly colored, darkly contrasted to his skin, which is no longer it's pale self but a light tan. Merlins hair is longer and lighter, no longer the dark ebony but a lighter color, a lightly smudged charcoal black, the length of his hair making his ears look smaller than usual, his cheekbones still jut out sharply.

Merlin carefully stretches and slides the knife into a holster on his hip, which has a belt around it with a few other holsters on it. The dark haired boy shifts and the men see a flash of silver metal around his neck, they can't see what's on the end of the necklace as its stuffed under his shirt but everyone can identify it as a necklace.

Merlin looked around, his eyes looking around cautiously and with the talent that could only be expected from obvious years of training. Merlin suddenly looked, his eyes locking on something behind the Camelot Knights. A voice suddenly startles everyone,

"That- my dear friend- was impressive." Merlin flashed a grin, a startling grin with a single canine tooth shown which made his grin somehow more wolfish and startling. Merlin chuckled and straightened, looking over as a man with Sandy blonde hair and tanned skin wearing an outfit similar with a slight smile.

Merlin chuckled again and grabbed the mans forearm, shaking it gently as he said, locking eyes with the blonde,

"John Watson. Thought you were back at camp." The man- John- was his name smirked back and replied,

"Nah, had to deal with some patients before I came out to follow you." Merlin rolled his eyes but grinned all the same and opened his mouth to say something, when it happened. A small box on both Merlin and John's belt whined loudly, before a deep voice commanded,

"WATSON-EMRYS- GET BACK TO CAMD AND SUIT UP. Over." Merlin and John's faces became solid stone masks then, cooling over and becoming schooled, Merlin grabbed his box and said into it,

"Yes sir, on our way. Over." A quick flash and the men appeared again, Merlin and John in much thicker uniforms now, machines in their hands.

Another flash- Merlin and John were pinned against an overturned structure (an overturned vehicle) and Merlin was shouting, trying to convince John not to do something but in that moment, everything froze and slowed. Something hit Merlin in the leg, going through and through cleanly, yet it still earned a shattering gasp and a hell of pain from the brunette.

Merlin collapsed to the sand, his leg already staining Crimson red. John turned his attention to Merlin before said brunette even hit the ground. John dropped his machine, a 'gun' as merlin had said earlier, and rushed to Merlin, putting pressure on Merlins leg, earning a close lipped scream from the bloody boy.

"Merlin-Merlin-Merlin, look at me-you're going to be alright-I promise-you're going to be ok-hold on"

"John-Joh-John! It's alright, it's just a-just a bullet wound. I've surv-survived worse." Which earned a shaky smile from John. John's attention was so turned to Merlin, that he did not notice the man behind him, pulling his own gun. One of the items which had harmed Merlin cut through John's shoulder, earning a shattering scream from the blonde, whom turned on himself and fell to the ground next to Merlin. Merlin, his own gun pulled, buried a bullet in the assailants skull, causing him to drop to the ground.

"John?! John?! JOHN!? Come on Watson, you can't do this to me-please. WATSON!" Merlin carefully yet quickly made his way to John, putting pressure on the wound. Merlin quickly pulled off the thick coat he wore and tossed it aside, but not before grabbing a few things from the pockets.

Merlin pulled at his shirt, ripping off a piece before ripping it off and wrapping it firmly around his leg, crying out as he did so.

Merlin then pulled himself to his feet, crying out again as he put pressure on his leg. He rushed over to the slowly fading out of conscious blonde, hoisting him upward while murmuring words of encouragement "that's it Watson, you're doing just fine. I swear to god, you'd better not die on me. Come on, come on." Merlin winced ever few seconds, Watson was mumbling something under his breath, while Merlin was not paying attention, the Knights could hear everything the blonde said.

"Please god, let me live. Please god, let me live. Please god, let me live. Please god, let me live. Please-" and he continued on that, mumbling and mumbling. Merlin continued to move, until everyone in the area heard the droning of a vehicle. Merlin soon slipped into a grin and gently set John down onto the ground before throwing his hands into the air and started screaming hoarsely,

"WE'RE HERE! OVER HERE! PLEASE, HELP US!" A tan colored vehicle, familiar to the one John and Merlin were in earlier suddenly stopped meters away from Merlin and John. Merlin dropped to his knees, an arm still in the air as he continued to scream,

"HELP US, WE'RE OVER HERE, PLEASE!" Several men wearing uniforms close to John and Merlins jumped from the vehicle and rushed to the two fallen men, several moving to Merlin with a stretcher while a few moved to Merlin, earning a startled yet happy sound from Merlins throat, between a laugh and a sob.
Merlin, as if he were suddenly boneless, fell forward into the nearest mans arms, which of course caught him, the brunette allowed himself to fall into unconsciousness.

The world seemed to fuzz into a blurred black and the Camelot men were sent into an awed warmth that felt similar to unconsciousness.

The blurring fuzz suddenly cleared slightly and the men saw Merlin, barely conscious, laying on a cot next to a fully unconscious John, both men covered in bandages. Merlin reached over and clasped John's arm weakly, his slender fingers wrapping around the tan mans wrist weakly, barely clasping the arm as Merlin whispered, allowing the unconscious feelings cover him as he whispered,

"We're alive John. We're ok. We're alive."

Sorry about the short and rather rushed chapter guys, i apologize profusely!! I'm sorry! Thank you all for the votes, reads and comments!! :)