Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Mary's POV

"No."

"Derek-"

"I said no."

"Please?"

"You're not listening Mary."

"I am! You aren't listening to me. You need me to be here. Boyd's plan will work, I'll just be here for backup."

"Mary. I'm not letting you risk your life."

"Why not?"

"Because-"

"There is no viable reason Derek."

"GUYS! Hush." Isaac cut in. Derek was telling me to go upstairs and I was refusing. I wanted to see this barefooted harlot whose been hurting my friends go down but Derek wouldn't let me. I huff in annoyance and keep my eyes locked with his. I still felt butterflies but I pushed them away, letting myself feel anger mostly.

"Isn't the light on that supposed to be on?" Isaac points to the metal box on the wall.

"Ya." Derek says.

"What does it mean if it's not?" Isaac asks.

"Someone cut the auxiliary power."

"The what?" I ask, confused.

"Wait what about the main power?" Boyd asks and suddenly all the lights turn off. We all jump to our feet. Derek walks forward and steps in the water, unharmed. This was not what was supposed to happen.

"Derek," Isaac says, as Derek walks through the water, "What do we do now?"

"We fight." Derek says as his eyes glow red. Oh no.

***

The door slides open to reveal the Alpha named Kali. No shoes on, as usual.

"Gotta be honest, Derek. When Ennis died I thought to myself, I'd just go for it. Find you and kill you, wherever you stood. And I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them and I thought what's a girl got to do to get you alone?" Ethan and Aiden walk in with a girl, their claws at her neck. I heard Derek's heart skip a beat and I felt my own sink. Of course he didn't love me. He couldn't. Isaac looks at me sympathetically but I can't help but just stare at her. Ever since I met her the other night there was something inside me that told me not to trust her, "You and me, Derek. Or they tear her apart," I'm fine with that, "What do you say?" Kali smirks.