"AHHH!"

You shoot up in a cold sweat, panicking and heavy breathing. Screams pour out of your mouth as tears stream down your face.

"Hey! Hey!" Winston jumps in front of you, his eyes wide with panic. "It's okay!"

"Winston!?" You manage to choke out through quick breathed sobs.

"It's okay, it's okay!" He says quickly. "It was just a nightmare, you're awake! You're awake! You're safe!"

You choke the screams down, which are replaced with sobs. He pulls you into a tight hug, rubbing his arm up and down your back.

"It was just a nightmare, we have to go...we have to prove we're still alive."

You know this was a nightmare. And all the other 'nightmares' you had before had to be memories.

Why..?

Because you remember this one. And it wasn't real.

 And it wasn't real

『 ✿ ✿ ✿ 』

You look up at the sky as you and Winston hobble along. No remains of the Griever. And no sign of Dan. Your bodies sore, aching, and tired from lack of sleep on a flat hard surface.

The sky is bright blue with white clouds. A sight you thought you'd never see again.

You feel so out of place.

You feel like you should be dead.

Nobody ever survives a night in the Maze.

Until now.

You'll be able to tell the tale nobody else could.

"We're almost there." A small laugh of victory escapes Winston's lips as he limps on his leg. You smile weakly, turning the corner.

The doors, they're open. And everyone's walking away from the doors.

They were waiting for you..!

"H-Hey!" Winston calls out. His voice seems to attract some people over, shocking everyone else who's still walking and forcing them to turn around, one by one.

You're too weak to laugh, to smile right now. Your body aching. Burning. You could collapse. But you can't...not right now.