Act 5-10 Fly me to the moon

Why did I have to sit next to the window?

Dark clouds circle in the sky and raindrops begin to pat against the glass, lulling me to sleep while Mutou's lecture continues on and on in that same droning fashion. If anything, the only reason I haven't already given up and tried to catch a short nap is because I'm afraid that he might call on me any second now.

Akira wasn't kidding when she said 'six in the morning.' Right at the crack of dawn, she was already up and about, letting the alarm clock ring in my ear while she made breakfast. Most of her time at the table was devoted to writing notes and filling out papers, though.

While Akira is perfectly spritely in the morning, I am not; that leaves me here completely drained and just barely able to keep my eyes open.

It beats being hungover, at the very least.

Thankfully there are only a few minutes left before lunch. Today seems to be another 're-teaching day,' thanks to the total lack of comprehension across the board when it comes to the new unit over kinetics. Mutou has spent the entire class period calling on some of the least knowledgeable students, which has mostly saved me from having to solve an equation from a chapter that even I just barely managed to pass.

Thinking back to the first few days I was in this class, I come to the conclusion that nothing has changed.

To my right, the same two girls sit in the same fashion as they have ever since I got here - Shizune attempts to pay attention in class, glancing over at Misha's hands which can translate everything that's being said while she simultaneously misses everything happening. Even to this day, I wonder if she has to make a conscious choice every time she translates for Shizune, as if she has to switch back and forth between listening for words or listening for comprehension. There are always these questions surrounding those two girls.

What if the same thing could be said for me? Has anything about me changed since I got here?

That dark-haired girl who's missing a hand still spends every class period daydreaming and fumbling through answers whenever she gets called on. The teal-haired girl beside her manages to get away with sleeping on a daily basis without a word being spoken about the matter. Hanako reads through class while other students are getting lectured at the front of the class. The two journalism girls still gossip, the guy who's missing an ear still doodles, and-

"Woooo~! I thought we'd never get out of that!" Misha declares as she and Shizune hurriedly gather up their things. "Hey Hicchan, do you have anything planned for lunch?"

I sit up in a rush and attempt to shake off the fatigue, realizing that it's finally lunchtime. "Nothing planned, but I've gotta talk to Mutou for a bit. You don't need to wait on me, I usually eat in the class upstairs anyway."

Misha gives me one of those frowns, as if to say that she's disappointed but not so disappointed that she won't be bellowing with laughter a few moments later. "Wahaha~! Are you sure? It's been a while since you went to the Shanghai with me and Shicchan!"

As Misha says this, Shizune glances over at me, maintaining that same neutral expression as always. She taps Misha on the shoulder and then quickly signs something, which is apparently urgent enough to have her companion change her mind about convincing me.

"It's alright, but there's lots of election posters to put u- I mean food to eat if you ever want to join us." Misha says with a defeated expression, groaning as she follows her friend out the door.

Lots of student council work due today, I suppose. At any rate I finally manage to gather up all of my things and wave Hanako off, both her and Lilly already waiting at the door.