She inspected his face, more so his eyes, and concluded that he was genuine. She sharply sighed.

    "Sorry. I guess it's not your fault."

    "You guess?" A sly smirk grew on his face, watching her brows furrow further.

    "I know, okay?" She spat.

    "That's what I thought."

    After a moment, Rarity asked, "Have you ever appreciated Earth like the rest of us?"

    Aster shrugged, "I wasn't excited to be here. I sort of could guess what was waiting for us. I was told I wouldn't have the safety I had on the ship and that I would regret my decision to come down--"

    "You chose this?" Her eyes widened.

    "I chose to get off that ship. I didn't know I would be walking through the woods after watching someone be eaten alive in the sea, killing a fucking dinosaur, and executing someone." Aster paused for a second. "Some things were expected, others weren't. But what I've never failed to do is keep myself safe. One wrong move down here, and you're toast. You can't be acting like Jasper, or Ezra, or Milo, or anybody else. Emotions cloud your mind and make it hard to make the right decision. Jasper has that problem right now. I don't."

    "Not everybody can adapt as fast as you." Rarity calmly replied, eyes focused on the snow.

    "I get that. Still, it's human nature to survive against all means. We all have our scars. We've all faced a time in our life where we felt like we couldn't cry any more after we lost our parents. We got over it over time and adapted to our new lives. We've done this before, the process should be faster now."

    "Still, it's not easy for everyone. You've got to learn to be empathetic."

    "No," Replied Aster bluntly. "At this point, I'm only worried about myself."

    "Then why are you on a mission to get a single medkit?"

    "Jasper. Jasper needs to think he's on my good side. The more trust I earn, the more power I have over him. He thinks I'm his fucking second, Rarity." Aster grew just as angry as her, "His second. I have my degree in bioengineering, biomedical science, and automotive technology, and I'm someone's second. I'm used to making decisions on my own for the good of the group, I'm used to working by myself, and now I'm someone's god damn second."

    Aster shook his head. Rarity hadn't a care about his insignificant matters, but she continued to hearken.

    "Not for long. One more wrong move from that stupid bitch, and I'm taking his role, whether the rest of the group likes it or not."

    "I think the only reason you want to be leader is the power." She bluntly responded, "Which isn't a good reason."

    "You wouldn't understand."

    "Then help me understand."

    "It's none of your business."

    Rarity stopped in her tracks and stood before him, almost causing him to crash into her. The pair glared at each other in bitter silence for a moment before Rarity spoke up.

    "Then don't be fucking ranting to me if it's none of my business. All you want is power, Aster Anson. Jasper, at the very least, wants to protect the group."

    Aster shoved past her, "He isn't very good at it."

    "Whatever, I don't care." She mumbled, catching up to him