Chapter

I could not believe it. I, CLAIRE MARGARET THOMPSON WAS IN A CAR WITH THE OTIS LORT. Oh sorry let me give you a quick recap...

15 MINUTES AGO

So 30 minutes ago me and my mom were driving to set ya know it was pretty chill there was no traffic or anything. Then we turned left to this road and this road was sorta like a desert, it was covered with grass and weeds everywhere.

Anyway so we were driving down that road and we saw a boy. Not just A BOY, OTIS LORT. And some guy who i think is his dad. "OH MY GOD MOM STOP THE CAR! THAT'S OTIS LORT!" I yelled. Then she stopped the car. She stopped the car so suddenly that i hit my tongue. Then she started to drive backwards and stopped, then she pulled down her window.

Some man came running up to the car while Otis was just staying where their motorcycle was. Just staring into the empty road. Smoking. A 12 year old boy. Smoking. Huh, that's weird I thought. I just kept staring while the man kept talking to mom. "Otis! Come on son i got us a ride!" The man said. Sheesh that man should really invest in a hair cut. Honestly don't think anything could fix that.

Then, the man went to go get his motorcycle and put it in the truck while Otis put out his cigarette and then started walking to the car looking down. I was looking out the window and saw him coming then i quickly put my head back to my seat and started breathing faster.

OH.MY.GOD. Otis Lort is coming to our car. The car i'm in. What do i do? What do i say? Oh god. Then Otis went to the back of the car where i was and opened the door. "Hi! I'm y/m/n, (YOUR MOM'S NAME) and this is my daughter Claire!"

She said acting all nice and cheerful. Oh brother. "Hi." He said. "Well Otis don't be rude! Tell them your name, and take that hood off for Christ's sake." The man said seriously while getting inside the car and closing the door. "Sorry about him, he doesn't like meeting new people. By the way i'm James, James Lort." He said.

"I'm y/m/n and i'm Claire's mom. Claire is the one in the back who does not seem to be talking." She says while looking back at me. I gave her the ARE-YOU-CRAZY-STOP-EMBARRASSING-ME look. But she didn't seem to get the point. "Well Claire what're you waiting for? A special introduction? Introduce yourself." She said gritting her teeth together it was kinda scary.

"Ok, um, i'm Claire Thompson, and i'm ummm 12 years old." I said looking at everyone BUT Otis. "That's a nice name Claire, Otis is 12 too. He's turning 13 4 months from now. Aren't ya Otis?" Otis's dad said. "Mhm." Otis said, it was more like a whisper.

"Well then let's hit the road then. Maybe give the kids some time to talk? We all do have somewhere to be after all" Otis's dad said. "Yep let's get going!" Mom said while starting the car.

THIS CHAPTER ALREADY HAS 542 WORDS?! NO WAY! Anyways, one of my chapters had not 1, not 2, but 3 views! I just wanna say tysm. I know my story wouldn't get famous fast but this is progress! Progress is great! Anyways don't forget you can DM me if you have any problems and that i'm available all the time except for school hours I DO LIVE IN JAPA SO MY TIME IS DIFFERENT PLEASE DONT FORGET. But anyways, stay humble, stay kind, stay smart, and most importantly, STAY HYDRATED!

-Roselei 🌹