Chapter 16 - Graduation Proposal

Many months later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

I start to look back on everything Hina and I have been since day one when we first met. From that meet-and-greet, to the annual dance at my school. We've been through a lot together, and quite honestly, I don't think I wouldn't be this happy if it weren't for Hina. So as the months go by, I decided that there is only one thing I want to do: marry Hina. After all, she is the girl of my dreams, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

As graduation drew closer and closer for the two of us, I figured I would try and get permission from both my dad and Hina's dad to see if I can marry her, so I invited Mr. Hikawa over to do just that. When he arrived, he made quick introductions with my own dad. And at last, it was time to get to the point. 

"Thanks for coming, sir. We welcome you to our home." I said to Mr. Hikawa.

"No problem at all." He replied. "Though I got a bit curious when you wanted to ask me something important."

"Yeah, son, what is this about?" My father asked.

I know getting permission to marry a dad's daughter is never easy, because of how overprotective they are. But in order for me and Hina to have some kind of a future, this is the one hurdle I have to overcome on my own.

"This is something I thought about doing for quite some time now. I decided... I want to marry Hina. I love her so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I said as I start to pour out my feelings, while the two dads just sat on the couch in silence.

"And so, I was hoping to get permission from you two to marry her. So can I?" I asked.

The two dads just stared at each other, but my dad spoke first.

"Why son, you already have my approval for you getting married. Wouldn't you agreed?" He asked Mr. Hikawa.

"Of course. After all, you have made Hina happy ever since she first started dating you, so I encourage it." Mr Hikawa said with a smile.

"Thank you so much!" I said before bowing to them. That was a lot easier than I thought.
______________________________________

Graduation day...

Location - Haneoka Girls Academy

Today is the day that Hina and the other third years would graduate from Haneoka and go off to do better things. Hina was excited to invite me to go with her. I sat down with her family, and Sayo, who already graduated yesterday.

The graduation ceremony began the principal saying a few words to everyone, saying how proud she was of the third years for working so hard, and thank friends and family for being here on this occasion.

The diplomas were handed out to the third years next, and lastly, the student council president, Hina, came forward to say some final words.

"Everyone! Thank you for coming to our graduation!" Hina began.

"It's quite Boppin' to know that a lot of friends and family were able to come here today to watch us graduate from the school we love so much. And I don't think I wouldn't have made it this far in life without the support of a certain someone."

The spotlight was placed on me.

"(Y/N)-kun, come up here with me!"

I looked at the Hikawa family, quite nervous. Mr. Hikawa encouraged me to go up on there, as well as Mrs. Hikawa and Sayo. And so, I began to make my way over to her, with a certain item in my possession. I got closer to Hina and she smiled at me.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-kun, I don't think I would be able to stand here without you in my life." She said.

"You've changed my life a lot, Hina." I told her. "You changed it so much that it makes me want to do this."

In front of everyone, I got down on one knee and revealed the ring to Hina, who widened her eyes while covering her mouth.

"Hikawa Hina, I love you so much. And with you by my side, I couldn't feel more complete. Will you marry me?" I asked.

Hina was so happy that she nearly cried.

"Yes, of course! I will marry you!" Hina replied with excitement.

Everyone clapped and cheered as I placed the ring on Hina's finger. And with that, the Haneoka graduation ceremony came to a close and we all departed.
______________________________________

A few months later...

After Hina's graduation, I was the next to graduate a few days later. And after a few months of finding part-time jobs and going to college, Hina and I were able to have a house to live on our own.

"This house is really Boppin', how did you find this?" Hina asked.

"My parents found it online, and they were able to pay for it so we wouldn't have to worry about rent." I explained.

"Your parents are so nice." Hina said and kissed me on the cheek.

Hina and I living together alone might be a new experience for the both of us, but... I am positive that we will find a way to make it work.

To be continued

A/N: Chapter 16 is done and I hope you guys liked it. The last of the few chapters will be spammed, but will be updated about every ten minutes or so. See you in the next chapter. :)