Ulterior x Motive

Start from the beginning

Killua didn't reply with words but with a subtle 'hmm' instead. This is probably a whole new experience for him, having actual friends and an actual chance of living a life truly worth living, It's probably a hard thing to face alone.

"I know things are new for you, they're new for everyone, but hey at least you're not alone on this."

I lend a closed lipped smile as I see him look at me through my peripheral vision before looking straight once more. No more words were needed in that moment.

It didn't take too much longer after that to reach the rest of the crowd, it seems like we were already in the process of landing.

Once off the airship wind instantly takes my hair with it, flowing violently with the wind. Looking around, I see that we're high up, I can see scenery of mountains and hills surrounding the area, it looks like we're on some kind of giant tower.

Killua and I stand beside Gon as the little green bean starts talking, explaining what the next phase is.

"Within a 72 hour time period, you'll need to get to the bottom of this tower. Alive of course!"

"Well duh." I laugh out quietly, earning a small side look from a bored looking Killua.

After Mr.Bean was finished explaining our task we all dispersed, looking for a way to get down. Looking down from the edge seemed to be a great fall, nearly impossible to climb down, there's probably something to keep it from being that easy.

Hearing a man start gloating himself, I curse myself from speaking too soon.

The man was shouting how climbing down would be child game as he starts doing so, effortlessly I must add. I cross my arms as I join the small crowd that has gathered up on the edge of the tower, seeing if this man was the real deal or not.

Killua and Gon stand beside me, Gon looking rather impressed and Killua looking rather bored, his hands lax in his shorts pockets.

Looking beyond the man my eyes see in a close distance these ugly flying things, they ultimately end up eating the man and then fly away probably looking for more prey.

Killua busts out laughing which causes Gon and I to look up at him in confusion.

"Huh?" Gon and I say simultaneously, cocking our heads to the right as we stare at a laughing Killua.

"Hey, (y/n), are those from your clan?" Killua manages to muster out of his cat-like grin, tears building up in his tear ducts.

It didn't take much for Killua to stop laughing after a good flick to the forehead causes him to move backwards a few feet, feet still buried in the ground.

"What the hell (y/n)! How did a flick to the forehead hurt so bad?!" The blue eyed teen boy exclaims, clearly shocked by the sudden pang of pain.

"That's what you get for making fun of my clan! You do it again and it'll be much more than a flick to the forehead!" The (h/c) haired girl exclaims humorously to the white haired boy.

"Okay, okay I get it, don't talk smack of the Ange clan, I get it." Killua walks back to us, still rubbing his now red forehead.

Seeing Kurapika and Leorio, we start making our way to the duo.

"Heyo!" I beam at them, Leorio still looking down the tower and Kurapika looking around in thought.

"Hey, there's probably a trap door that leads us inside the tower, Kurapika explains, looking around.

Him doing so triggers me to do so as well, looking around, I notice that this isn't all of us, there's several people missing, I decide to point it out.