Hunter x Exam

"So you're telling me that the exam isn't a written test?" The (h/c) hair colored asked with confusion laced within her voice.

"I know it's misleading kid but no, it's not a written test of any kind, there's going to be several different uh 'levels' you could say that range from - well anything really, it's always so unpredictable." The lanky man shrugs his shoulders in defeat. 

"Well then how am I supposed to be prepared?! What if at some point in the exam something happens and I don't know how to deal with it?" She asks, her nerves becoming apparent. 

"Listen (y/n), that's the point in becoming a professional hunter, being prepared and ready to take on anything that becomes an obstacle, you have to be accessible in order to succeed as such, stop freaking out kid, you got this." 

Kite then marks an O in the center square, Smiling at this (y/n) then ever so slyly writes an X directly below his O causing her to win.

"Ha! I win once again!." She gloats her win at him as he scribbles out the previous board. "Well duh, you double crossed me. Again." He sighs as he uses his right knee to get up from his previous sitting position. 

"As someone so grand once told me, you should always have a plan B." She smiles as she cleans up the crumpled up papers from dozens of previous games. 

"Ah, they must be the smartest person in the world then." He lets out a snicker as she playfully hits his arm at his corny remark regarding his own words. 

The vibe cools down a bit before she speaks up once more, her insecurities coming to life as they do when she begins to overthink things. 

"Do you really think I'll be ready for the Hunters Exam, you don't think i'll die?" The girl looks towards her brutally honest mentor, her eyes glossing wet with potential tears. 

"Kid, If I didn't believe you couldn't be a hunter, I wouldn't have even taken you under my wing." He states, his facial expression blank with any hidden emotion. 

She smiles a toothy smile at him knowingly. 

.•°¤*(¯'★'¯)*¤° Two Weeks Later °¤*(¯'★'¯)*¤°•.

"Well Kite, I'm off!" She looks back towards her sensei, eyes starting to gloss over. For the first time since they met merely five months ago, she is now parting from his side. 

She had been a mess when she first met him, barley knowing how to act among society. Now when she thinks back on it she cringes so hard. 

Here, there's no uniformity in communities, everyone wears and acts differently, that concept was completely foreign. Back home, everyone lived together and for each other, we all wore togas and were respected as one. 

Here there's a hierarchy of several different things, such as wealth, power, strength, connections, looks and just about everything else. 

She still can't believe that she wore her toga for two weeks before getting some actual real clothes, the clothes here were so much better! you were able something more accessible and easy to move in, although you did scout for some inspiration while. 

You had stumbled across a man whom was tall and slender, with long white hair that reached the back of his knees! He had an inverted triangle-shaped face with a hooked nose, a pointy chin and big, roundish-almond eyes. He wore a light blue peaked cap and also wore a long-sleeved white shirt with a turtleneck that worked with his black pants.