Eyeing the room, I grabbed a nearby crate and protected my chest. He shielded his face as I slammed it into his head. A curt grunt escaped past his lips.

As he was in the defense, I took the opportunity to kick his stomach. He keeled over. I kicked his shin as hard as I could, causing him to fall. Onto the ground, helpless, I stomped his leg, feeling the crack of bone underneath my toes. Then, I slammed my foot into his stomach, blood spurting from his lips.

Weakly, he tried to sit up and fight back, but it was no use. The stranger pathetically laid on the ground, covered in dust and nearby debris.

"What." Kick. "The hell." Kick. "Do you want?!" I yelled, repeatedly kicking his sides. My anger was turning into pain and confusion. I couldn't believe that Kinn had tried to set me up like this, that he wanted me hurt.

"Ah!" he choked.

"Where's Kinn?" I growled.

He smirked. "No where you can find him."

An electric shock of worry struck my chest like a lightning bolt. My heart pounded in my ears. All thoughts were stolen. Worry raced through my veins as my instinctual drive to protect came in.

"Tell me!" I screamed, hovering my foot over his crotch. "Or you can say goodbye to your future children."

"Look man," he started, eyebrows raising at the threat. Weakly, he tried crawling away, but it was no use. "I can't say. Honestly."

That voice sounds familiar...

Kneeling down, I tore his mask off, revealing the shock of my life.

"Tine?!"

Tine grimaced sheepishly. In a fit of rage, I struck a hard punch to his jaw, numbing my knuckles. Blood spattered onto my white sleeve.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked, grabbing his collar and yanking his face dangerously close to mine. His eyes widened the size of golf balls. Only two terrified dots in a spherical sea of white looked back at me, full of fear.

"I can't say, for real!" Tine said, speaking frantically. "But I can help you find Kinn."

"Is he okay?"

Tine bit his lip and broke our eye contact. I lost my breath, suddenly stifling any air that I tried to take in. Horror overtook at the many ideas of what had happened to him. I wanted him. Now.

"Where the hell is he?" I asked sternly, withholding a crack in my voice.

"I don't know his exact location," he said. I growled, tightening my hold. "B-but I can help you find him! I promise."

"And why would I trust you?"

Tine looked back up at me with an assuring gaze, like he wanted to help. It was at that moment that I knew he had more to say than he was leading on. It was almost as if he was holding back. "I'm your only chance you have to save him. It's either trust me or wait it out."

Wait what out?

"Why would you help me?" I was hoping he'd be the one to give me answers to all this nonsense.

"Because I don't agree with what they're doing." Great, another ambiguous person.

"Then why are you involved? Who are fuck are they?" I hissed, my voice demanding answers.

"Life got to me, okay? I made some bad choices, but I can't get out of it now." Tine tested my patience, slowly sitting up. I released him and allowed him to compose himself. He wiped the side of his mouth. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow. You need to know what you're dealing with."

I was going to demand that he told me then and there, but I didn't want to lose his trust. Trust had to be earned.

"You take me to him. If you don't take me to Kinn, I promise you that I will destroy the most precious thing in your life," I said, mimicking my father's most hateful tone. It was a tone that stole the breath of even the angriest fire.

Tine gulped. "I'll take you to him. Honest."

"You better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for the two week wait!  If you don't know, I usually consistently post one chapter a week.  But I'd fallen sick and was unable to write when I'd wanted to, so I wasn't able to post until today.  I promise more consistent uploads from here on out!

Also, have you seen the new KinnPorsche teaser?  It's so beautiful!