"Then go get some breakfast you damn twig," Jasper teased.

"Hey," David paused looking at Jasper for a long second. "Language,"

"Don't act like you didn't swear up a storm when we were kids Davey. Nod go get some food we don't need you  puking or passing out in the middle of activities," Jasper replied and David rolled his eyes getting up from the table and heading into the kitchen. 

He opened the fridge and pulled out a zip lock baggie of tater tots he bought for everyone last night and put them on a plate and into the microwave to heat up. The microwave beeped a little while later and David puled them out. David then walked over to the kitchen window and watched Gwen and Jasper talking. He could tell by the way they were interacting Jasper was flirting. His throat tickled a little and David coughed and punched his chest to try and get it to stop. After after a few seconds of this the tickle stopped and he could eat his tater tots.

After the activity they had gathered in the Mess Hall for lunch. IN the middle of a conversation at the councilors table Nerris, Preston and Neil had come up, Harrison was lightly trailing from the back. Nerris poked at David who was more of watching Jasper and Gwen talk. He looked at them and smiled.

"What's up campers?"

"David!" Preston shouted and pushed Neil forward.

"Can you explain to Neil that hanahaki is totally real and possible?" Nerris asked and Neil looked like he was about to interject.

"Before another agruement can start! I'd like to ask. What is Hanahaki?" David asked. Neil waved at him.

"See if he has to ask what they are that means it doesn't exist!" Neil spat. The group ignored him while Preston began his explination.

"Hanahaki is a disease of onesided love. The person who's feelings are not reciprocated have flowers start to grow in their lungs and the first symptom is coughing up flower petals," He explain quite calmly. David thought for a moment.

"I'm not so sure about this one but I am pretty sure I read an article about this man who accidentally grew a tree in his lungs. He breathed in-" David was cut off by the group arguing some more and walking off. "-tree spore,"

"That's an interesting article for you to be reading," Jasper commented and David shrugged.

"What was that even about?" Gwen asked leaning on her elbow.

"Some disease called Hanahaki?" David replied and Gwen brightened up.

"I love that trope! It's really angsty though," She smiled and Jasper sighed. Obviously looking at her. David's throat began to tickle a little. 

"From the description? I'd imagine so!" David agreed. The three councilors laughed and went on with their lunch.

Another activity has been started and it was already almost finished Max had walked up to David, who was staring at Jasper in amazement.

"You know he's not into you right?" Max asked and David looked at him.

"Yeah I know," David replied and looked at him again.

"You know he's probably out of your league right?" Max continued and David nodded. "You know he is probably straight right?"

David sighed and looked at Max with a tight smiled. He kneeled down to Max's height.

"What do you need kiddo? You don't come over and talk to me willingly on the daily," David asked in a joyful tone. Max shrugged and nodded towards the councilors cabin. "You know what lets go to the councilors cabin and talk right?"