We meet again

Katara pov:

The Western air temple is nice and relaxing but after the defeat in the comet we can't relax that much, we have to find a fire bender teacher for Aang, and that's not gonna be easy since they are the enemy, and Aang doesn't look interested in finding one or learning fire bending, every time we bring the subject he avoids it.

"Aang I think we should be making some plans about our future"Sokka shouted meanwhile following the Avatar in Appa's back.

"Okay, we can do that while I show you the giant pai Sho table, "Aang tried to avoid the subject again "You're gonna love it"

"I think that'll have to wait," Toph said pointing to a mysterious figure.

That vague shadow turned out to be Zuko. I couldn't believe it. I haven't seen him since the cristal catacombs when he betrayed me when I thought he was a good person and he was just a confused teenager who was caught in the middle of a war when I offered him to heal his scar. I push those painful and confusing memories and prepared to fight.

"Hello Zuko here," he said "Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there,  so I just thought I'd wait for you here" Appa grown and licked Zuko, which was odd because he usually wasn't this friendly with fire nationers. "I know you must be surprised to see me here"

"Not, since you've followed us all around the world," my brother said

"Right.... well..... anyway what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I'm good now, and well I think I should join your group, oh, and teach firebending to you.  See I uhh...."

I couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth, I mean they seem sincere but this must be a trap like in Ba sin se, he just might be an incredible actor, because there's no way that he is the one supposed to teach firebending to the avatar.

"You want what now ?" Toph asks

"You can't possibly think any of us would trust you, can you? I mean how stupid do you think we are ?" I shouted at him how dare he show up after what he did to me... I mean us.

"Yeah, all you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang," Sokka said

"I've done some good things. I mean I could've stolen your bison in Ba sin se but I set him free. That something!" Appa confirmed with a lick.

"Appa does seem to like him," Toph said

"He probably covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would like him, I am not buying it,"

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me and I know I made some mistakes in the past," Zuko said

"Like when you attacked our village," my brother said "or when you stole my mother's necklace and use it to track us down and capture us " I added

"Look I admit I've done some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you and I am sorry that I attacked the water tribe. And I never should have sent that assassin. I'm gonna try to stop him." his words did feel like he was sorry but still I can't trust him

"Wait, you send combustion man after us," Sokka said pulling in a quick move his boomerang.

"Well, that's not his name but ...." Zuko explained

"Oh  sorry I didn't mean to insult your friend," Sokka said with his usual sarcasm

"he is not my friend!" Zuko shout

"That guy locked me and Katara in jail and tried to blow us up" Toph yelled

"What aren't you saying anything" The fire bender look at the avatar, he was right Aang was very quiet since Zuko show up, I wonder why? Maybe I'll talk to him later there is another thing I want to discuss what I have been avoiding.
"You once thought we could be friends. You know I have good in me " so I wasn't the only one that buy his lies.

There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done. We'll never let you join us" Aang declared

"You need to get out of here now" I cried out, with him here it was getting harder to ignore the memories away.

"I'm trying to explain that I'm not that person anymore!" Zuko speaks every time with more frustration in his voice

"Either you leave, or we attack" Sokka warned him

"If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner" Zuko knelt and offered his hands pressed together.

"No, we won't " I yelled, and then I bended water towards Zuko "Get out of here and don't come back! And if we ever see you again.....well... we better not see you again" I screamed at him.

Zuko looks at me in shock and then he stands up and walks away in defeat.

____________

"Why would he try to fool us like that ?" I wonder out loud

"Obviously, he wants to lead us into some kind of trap"My brother answered me

"This is just like when we were in prison together in Ba sing se. He starts talking about his mother and making it seem like he's an actual human being with feelings" I said finally letting it out.

"The thing is that it worked. I did feel sorry for him. I felt like he was really confused and hurt, but obviously, when the time came he made his choice, and we paid the price "They looked at me with amazement, I knew it was because I never spoke of what happened that night, other than they had locked me up with him."We can't trust him"

"He is a liar," I said

"He wasn't lying," Toph said

"What?!, of course, he was lying," Sokka spoke out

"All I know is that while he was talking to us, he was sincere, maybe you're all just letting your hurt feelings keep you from thinking clearly," Toph looked at me.

"Why are you defending him" I didn't understand why Toph pressed on this.

"Because you're all ignoring one crucial fact Aang needs a fire-bending teacher" I had to acknowledge that she was right, but maybe we could find another one that wasn't Zuko.

"I'm not having Zuko as my fire-bending teacher," Aang said in a firm tone.

"Ughhhh, I'm beginning to wonder who's really the blind one here," Toph said before walking out annoyed.

___________

I hope you like this first chapter of this Zutara fic, also this is my first fanfiction so forgive me for my bad orthography, English is not my first language so is difficult.:) Feel free to correct me, that would help me a lot.;)

Also, it would be great if you vote or comment.

I was thinking of making Mailee happend what do you think?