Ma chérie (Luc x Serafine Dupont)

Warnings in this fic: Paranormal romance, vampire, steamy romance. Readers discretion advised!!

New Orleans always looked beautiful at night. Shops, restaurants, bars and dance pools were gleaming with bright colors and flashing lights. People were strolling around happily to enjoy the cool breeze and the city nightlife, but they were not aware about the dark side in this world. The world of night, which was full of magic, supernatural creatures and other paranormal beeings. Vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies, faes, trolls, unicorns, shapeshifters, wizards, goblins and whatsoever.

After a short walk through the city, Luc entered the Graveyard Shift and discovers the happy faces of the people inside. He was carrying a box which he had to deliver to his client and best friend, Nik Ryder.

"Hey, Luc, over here!!", Alex called out as she saw him entering the bar. She was surrounded by her friends and pointed to a nearby chair where he could sit down to join them. With a grin, he took the invitation and joined the friends group.

"Merci beaucoup, ma chérie.", he casually greeted Alex and handed the blonde nighthunter the package which contained holy light arrows.

"Thanks Luc, but how many time do I have to tell you, not to call Alex ma chérie?!", Nik, the nighthunter warned his friend. He sure doesn't like if someone starts flirting with Alex or tries to impress her.

"Pourqoui? Nothing's wrong with calling someone ma chérie.", Luc explained and laughed.

"Oui, I agree. Bon soir, mon amies. Mind if I join?", a mysterious woman with a french accent called out. Everyone hestitated at first, but the always friendly Alex welcomed her.

"Merci beaucoup, ma chérie", the woman thanked her and took the seat next to Luc. Her dark brown eyes met his and her red lips curved into smile. She had light brown skin, curly shoulder-length brown hair. Luc's eyes slowly wandered over her whole body. She was wearing a red/fuchsia corseted-blouse, black pants with a black belt and some jewelry.

"Why are you all so quiet, mon amies?", the woman asked.

"Serafine, my friend, it's been centuries!! How are you now and how's Paris?", the fae bartender, Garrus happily greeted her and served her a welcome drink.

"You know her, Garrus?", Katherine asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"That's Serafine Dupont, a vampire from Paris. She and Adrian visited my bar in the 1800s."

"A vampire!!", the gang panicked and quickly striked into a defensive position. Katherine spilled her drink on Vera while Nik and Cal protectively tried to pull Alex on their side.

"Let go, Cal, I'll protect Alex. I'm a nighthunter!"

"I can protect her better than you, Nik. I'm stronger!"

While Nik and Cal decide who should protect Alex, Serafine laughed and Garrus explained them not to worry. She's a friendly vampire!

"Oh, sorry. We didn't mean to... Well, the vampires in New Orleans aren't like you aaand...", Vera apologized to her and went to the bar's bathroom to wash off the stain of Katherine's drink on her blouse.

"You're a real vampire? Really?? You don't look like one.", Alex asked. To prove herself, Serafine open her mouth and then two fangs appeared while her eyes turned into a red color.