Chap 4

Hanoe was taken to a Foot headquarters in Japan. She would be mostly treated like a child being raised by the Foot. Karai wanted to see what she had, for someone so young. She looked so much like Leonardo. Surely, he must have taught her something.

"Tell me Hanoe, what has your father taught you in fighting?" Karai asked.

"Nothing. He was going to start me around my birthday." Shin answered. She still knew her name. "And my name is Tang Shin!" She threw the words angrily.

"And when were you born?"

"Oct, Oct," She couldn't say it. "Oct, 25." She managed.

"October 25th, huh?" Karai stated. "Nice, but Tang Shin was not your real name. Hanoe Lin is your real name. Start answering to it!"

"I like my other name."

"Get used to your new one. You are still very young, so you will come around. And your ninja training will begin tomorrow!" Karai said.

That made her perk up. She wanted to be a ninja. "Really?"

"Yes. But it is time for bed now."

She might have been so young and naïve to just say yes like that to a stranger. She was scared, but the mention of ninja training was too great. Her daddy would be so happy at what she was learning, she thought. But little did she know it would be a long time before she would see him again.

Though she had been transported in a cage to Japan, she was now out of it, and she was taken to a more proper Japanese room. Much better than a cage. Karai wanted to start from the very beginning that she was not her enemy. But until she learned she was staying, the doors would be kept locked at night.

Back home, Shin had still been sleeping in her dad's room. She often had bad nightmares. But now, she had her own room.

---

The beginning years were not easy at bedtime. Karai was not a big comforting type. Shin soon did begin to respond to Hanoe Lin, and that's who she became. But Hanoe did learn to take care of herself. She could only comfort herself from her nightmares.

Karai wanted her to learn how to toughen up, by facing her demons alone. She told her they were just dreams, nothing would happen, but told her to go back to bed at night.

The Foot never really did take in children as recruits to teach them, but there was the rare ninja that did have kids, and they were brought in and raised as ninjas. Hanoe Lin was raised and taught among them. At least she learned from ones who were around her own age. The ninjas and their kids came to accept the turtle around. She was going to become one of them.