7

New Orleans, the next day

"What? I am I not telling the truth? You're got got the hots for this guy and you're a tad bit jealous of Camille and the way he was all sweet with her" Enzo said

"Will you shut up! Can we concentrate on what is more important right now - the case and not my love life." Caroline narrowed her eyes at her partner.

"Yes, Ma'am!" Enzo made a cute smirk.

"Anyway, I saw you all clumsy and red when Bonnie Bennett served you the coffee this morning." Caroline remarked.

"Clumsy, how? What are you talking about?"

"You over- pouring the sugar while your goggly eyes were in a daydream while she was taking Camille's order is just a figment of my imagination?"

"Do you know that you are talking like me" Enzo pointed out.

"Yeah - I spend too much time with you." Caroline stated.

"Ok - you guys - Finn is not the one who killed Aiden Woodell." Camille said as she came up to her fellow Agents.

"So, it's official?" Enzo said.

"Yep. Which now puts us again - nowhere." Camille said.

"Do we have any lead on the artefacts from Mexico?" Caroline asked.

"Elijah is staying a few more days in Mexico City to see if he can get more on the artefacts." Camille replied. "Stefan Salvatore - his alibi checks out, too?"

"Yep." Caroline replied.

"A name keeps coming up, linked to a secret organization - Aya Al-Rashid." Caroline saw a message she had received from the researcher.

"Let's follow up on it." Enzo stood up.

"All rogue witches should be questioned." Caroline said standing up as well.

Camille opposed the idea. She knew that eventually it would come to that. She thought of Vincent, who was helping her with the investigation. "They will keep stum. I don't think it will bring us anywhere."

"She is right." Enzo agreed.

"Right." Caroline muttered, and as her phone rang, she took the call.

"We'll go to Bayou and see if we can get more from Aiden's boyfriend." Enzo said to Camille.

"Ok. I will see you later." Camille said, and got her phone out to call Elijah.

*
Days went by in a flash. And so a month passed. Elijah was not near solving the case, and neither were Caroline, Enzo nor Camille.

They had though established a link between Aiden's murder and the murder of John, Hayley and Damon.

In the De Martel House, Aurora discussed Lucien's disappearance.