13

"You know" Caroline started,"I've been seriously thinking about taking a long break when this case is over

"You know" Caroline started,"I've been seriously thinking about taking a long break when this case is over."

"Can you do that?"

"They will give me a year off. That's the most I can get. I want to go back to Paris."

"We can certainly do that. Now, does this mean the case is closing its end? You know who killed Hayley and the others?"

"No, not yet. So, don't make any plans just yet." Caroline replied.

"But I can arrange things. A year is not short. We can tour Europe." Klaus' eyes were glistening happily.

"OK. Arrange away." Caroline smiled back.

As she turned to kiss him, her phone went. She huffed pulling away.

"Ignore it." Klaus mutteted, pulling her back to him.

"I can't" Caroline said, placing a quick peck on the Hybrid's lips. "You got to get used to being with an Agent."

Stepping aside, she swiped the call from Enzo open.

"Gaspar confiscated two Dark objects. The witch that carried it is Monique Deceraux." Enzo said.

"Right. Ok. I'll be with you in a minute." Caroline clicked the call off.

"You got to go." Klaus stated the obvious.

"Yeah. See you later." the blonde placed a little peck on the Hybrid's lips and hurried away to the Witch's Council.

* Meanwhile

Lafayette Cemetery No 1

"You're an Obeah witch." Vincent remarked."I don't understand why you are consorting with the De Martels?!"

"Do not speak to me. You, who helps the Witch's Council. Those traitors. They want the dark objects to control all of us." the witch said.

"They are made from black magic, and they will be the dead of us all. Whatever they had promised you is a lie." Vincent said. "Listen to the whispers. They are not pleased with you."