2 JB Oppa

Sounds of paperback ruffling against light clinks of metal jewelry - a sound vaguely familiar. Could it be JB? Or perhaps Jr the early bird? It was definitely not Youngjae at this hour nor Yugeommie.

You hurriedly tiptoed behind the counter while hiding yourself yet trying to make out the silhouette nearing the wall.

"Isn’t anyone gonna come out to welcome a guest over here? " the male voice, now distinctive and familiar, had travelled through the hall and rang in Chelsea’s ears.

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing and froze for a moment recollecting her thoughts.
There was no doubt about who it was now, the same voice from the call this morning, and the same gentleman’s scent you were used to everyday. It was none other than Chelsea’s favourite oppa, JB.

"OK I know u both are in here alright? Cmon babes, I brought you waffles…? " JB stood at the kitchen counter, his hands full with your favourite hot chocolate, donuts, waffles, and a whole bag of breakfast as if to feed a party of kids.

" Jaebum Oppa!?!?! " Chelsea ran out from the room at the corner, still unfamiliar with the layout of the house and ended up slamming herself right into JB’s chest.

With a dull thud, JB took the impact of her collision and held on to the drinks even tighter. ” WOOH!! oh, oh hey! look who’s all grown up now? Is that the little crazy girl?? How’d did you get….. so………… …. Brown?” Rather taken aback that Chelsea wasn’t the same teeny bopper he had imagined from the last time he saw her, JB couldn’t hold back his signature wide grin and eye smile.

"Well, at least she came back before she turned black.. " you emerged like magic from squatting behind the counter in your mini shirt dress, giving both JB and Chelsea a brief startle.

"Oh goodness, Jaebum oppa, I… I… So sorry…. And eh, Hello!" Chelsea got shy all of a sudden seeing JB all dressed up in a crisp white shirt, rolled up to his elbows, fully showing his toned arms and veins from holding on to the bags. She never thought he would appear in this way, so soon, without notice. She couldn’t meet his eyes even though they weren’t big to begin with. All she could do was take the bags from him and pretended to be starved.
"Wow Chelsea, how long has it been? " JB asks while handing over the bags and propping himself on the kitchen stool to face you over the counter. His eyes still fixed on Chelsea as if he couldn’t believe his eyes.

"Erm, about 4yrs I guess?" Chelsea turned her back to hide her blush while answering. Indeed, it was 4years back that Got7 quietened down from the media attention and JB started working at the Publishing house as head of entertainment and took you along as his right hand man.

"You’re definitely looking better now I must say, am I the first of the boys to meet her? " JB turned to ask you.

You simply nodded, too absorbed in the goodies he brought. He turned his gaze back to your sister. You nudged Chelsea with your free foot, under the table away from JB’s sight, indicating her to snap out of her daze to give a good look at her idol JB.

In shock, she looked up and their eyes met, but Chelsea couldn’t hold his gaze and hid her face by quickly drinking the hot chocolate, obviously burning her tongue and splashing a few drops all over.
"A~~ you’re still as clumsy. " He reached over and wiped off the drops of chocolate on her cheek instinctively, "Do you like it? I had to queue up at the bakery for half an hour for these, you and your sister had better not leave any crumbs behind alright." JB flashed his grin and eye smile again at Chelsea, with an added wink as if to deliver the killer move.

You glanced at the clock and realized it was a little over 10am now. “OK babe, I’m gonna grab some for the journey and you have the rest okay? We need to run.”

You signalled JB to head off and noticed how he looked at Chelsea quite differently. It seemed your plan to hook them up wasn’t too far-fetched after all.

JB slid off the stool and picked up a donut, giving Chelsea a last wave. “Alright, noona’s gotta bring the bacon. You stay home and give me a call if you need anything alright? Oh and you can pop by next door and go shock Jr… Oh wait I meant, see Jr…….. !……….” his voice trailing off as he got shoved by you out the hallway.

"Get some sleep, Our numbers are in the phone ya? Will come get you later in the evening for dinner so doll yourself up a little please. " you motioned at her chocolatey dotted cheeks and gave her a reassuring smile and closed the door behind you.

"Wow, your baby sister has really grown up looking a lot better than I imagined, hasn’t she got attached yet?" asked JB as he bit into the sugary donut while walking to the car.

"It didn’t work out, so she went travelling and sorta never really settled down. Until now, that is." You answered and got into the passenger seat. "She really needs to find a good, stable, and homely man that can pick up after all the mess she makes. I really wonder if such a man exists. You think?"

You observed him with the corner of your eye for any slight giveaways to bite on your bait as he prepared to turn the engine on.

"A~~ she’s not so bad cmon. just cut her some slack since she just got here! haha, besides, she’s got the 7 boys to keep her company….. unless none of us fit your bill as your brother in law?" He grinned, fully biting into your bait.

"US? Ahhhhh, you mean you? A~~~ Trust me, she’s a lot clumsier than she looks, even you in your best form with JR combined, won’t be able to keep up."

Jb had one of his eyebrows raised hearing that, with a slight upturned grin and confidence about his tone and said to himself loud enough for you to hear, “hmm… We’ll see about that.”