20) Churros and Slushies

En başından başla

"Fuck!" Finn's camera goes off him and thumps to the ground.

"Griff, you good man?" Luke asks.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, I just dropped my turkey leg. Don't worry it's wrapped in foil so it's good," He picks his phone off the ground and smiles.

"Like you wouldn't still eat it if it wasn't," Luke laughs.

"Well Lucas, excuse me for not believing in wasting food," He playfully scoffs.

"Leave room in your stomach so we can do the annual wing contest okay."

"You bet your blonde butt I will," Finn's smile widens at the statement.

"We're getting sidetracked guys, can any of you see..um the Ferris wheel?" Olive looks around then back to the camera.

We all nod, "Okay we'll meet up at that then, since everyone can see it." Everyone agrees and the call ends.

The Ferris wheel is on the complete opposite side of the carnival we're on looks like...lots of walking.

My eyes land on a person selling cotton candy, and I immediately start moving towards the booth.

"That's not the direction of the Ferris wheel you know that right?" I hear Reid's voice behind me, but don't bother responding.

He sighs, but his steps get closer to me, "Where are we going?"

I keep walking, "Autumn," He tries to get me to answer again.

"Ssshh it's calling me," I stand in line.

"What's calling- really the fucking cotton candy is calling you?" His expression reads 'are you serious'. 

"Hi can I have a cone of cotton candy please," I point to the blue kind to make sure they get it right. The server looks to be around our age, "Yeah of course."

A minute later, I thank him when he hands me the cone, but when I take out my money he puts a hand up to stop me.

"It's on me," He smiles.

"Really?"

"Mhm, hope you have a good time at the fair," He calls the next customer up after we leave.

"That was nice of him," I mumble to myself.

While looking at the cone, I notice a phone number written on the paper. Reid's looking at it too, I eat some of my cotton candy and let it dissolve in my mouth.

"Is that his number?" He stares at the ten digits.

"Probably," I reply wondering why sugar has to taste so good.

"Are you gonna call it?" He voice seems tense when he asks.

"Nope," I look at all the booths they have, apple bobbing-disgusting, ring toss-scam I'll still do and fall for, face painting, and others.

"Why not?" I can feel his gaze on me.

"Damn Reid, do you wanna call it or something. He's not my type, it's that simple."

"What is your ty-" I stuff a piece of cotton candy in his mouth to shut him up.

"Blue taste better doesn't it?" I persuade my hand covering his mouth. I pull my hand away when he licks my palm, and then wipe it on his shirt.

"Why'd you lick my hand weirdo?"

"To get it off my damn face after you shoved sugar down my throat," He flicks my forehead.

We walk past more booths trying to get back on track to reach our original destination, the Ferris wheel.

*****