Chapter 8 - See You When You Get Back

Start from the beginning

"Ah I left the bathwater running!" Tohru says bolting from her spot and running off to deal with the bath.

"Remember I'm trusting you both." Shigure says

"Fine."

"They got us."

"I'm still here." I say as they talk like both Tohru and I had left.

"I'll go."

"After hearing that..." Kyo starts and they both frown.

"Even if I don't want to go." Yuki mumbles.

"I can handle a little Kagura." Kyo says, making me laugh.

---

Finally it was New Year's eve. The boys were about to leave and Tohru and I were saying goodbye..

"All right, be careful of crowds." Tohru says.

"We'll be fine. It's New Year's Eve so no one is out and about." Shigure tells her.

"Make sure you lock the doors." Yuki says

"Will do."

"Right, see you when you get back."

As they are leaving I pull Shigure to the side. I handed him a letter I had been holding in my hand.

"Please give it to Akito for me." I say

"Sure." he agreed, taking the letter from me.

"Okay see you later."

"Take care."

---

The boys were walking along the road to get to the estate.

"She left her bedroom window open a few nights ago. They both did." Kyo says.

"Did you sneak in?" Yuki asks.

"Yeah right, I saw it from the outside." he explains.

"Honda-san never really pays enough attention. She fell down the stairs again, yesterday." Yuki mentions.

"I've seen Ami walk into walls. Those two would be the type to choke on their mochi." Kyo adds

"Don't say that, it's terrifying."

"Would you stop talking like housewives fretting about your kids?" Shigure asks.

"huh?"

"I know you're worried about Tohru-kun and Ami but you decide to come." he tells them.

"I-I'm not worried." Kyo argues.

"This is ridiculous, let's get moving." Yuki says, continuing to walk followed by Kyo.

"Oh come to think of it, the morning paper said something about burglaries in the area. They

haven't caught the culprit." Shigure mentions, causing both of the boys to freeze in their tracks.

Crap, she's such a space cadet, she might invite the burglar in.

She'll probably bring him a pillow to sit on.

Ami would most likely make him something to eat.

They start complaining wondering if they made the right choice.

"Listen, you two, if you stand there holding you heads-" Shigure says but is cut off.

"You'll get hit." Hanajima says it comes out of nowhere. Shigure jumps away scared by the girl.