Chapter 17: Calypso

Start from the beginning

Sami interrupted. "So where do you come into the picture? And what did it mean to storm or fire the world must fall? The earth is still here!" Calypso replied. "After the seven's voyage to the ancient lands, they defeated the giants and came back to New York. Leo here and his friend Jason defeated Gaea. Jason along with Festus kept her in the air, separate from her source of power. Leo blew her up with his fire. Jason and Piper, who lulled Gaea back to sleep survived. Leo did not."

"Wait, what does that mean? Leo is over there somewhere! He is not dead!" Calypso went on. "He did die, but he was brought back to life with the Physician's Cure. That's when he came back to me on my island. We just recently found he was dead for over six months, and he hasn't seen the rest of the seven since he died."

Sami listened with wide eyes. "So did Leo know he was going to die?"

"Yep!" Came a cheerful voice from behind Calypso. She turned and saw Leo bouncing over, and he sat down next to Calypso. "In Olympia, me and a couple others captured Nike, the goddess of victory. She warned us that one of the four present would die. Me!"

Sami stared at Leo incredulously. "Why didn't you try to avoid it?! It's DEATH!" Leo smiled. "I knew we could collect the cure in time, well at least I hoped, and I also figured my friends or me? Additionally, it was the only way to get back to Sunshine here."

"Anyway," Leo continued, "I would love to sit here and tell you many tales of my awesomeness, but it's dark, and I'm hungry. Story time will resume later folks!" Sami giggled and Calypso rolled her eyes and smiled. They followed Leo into another clearing, and Calypso gasped.

Leo had erected a huge bonfire, over ten feet tall. On the other side, there were two tents, one slightly bigger than the other. Leo lead them over to the tents, and pointed to the larger one. "That one is for you two, and I'll take the other one. Festus is searching the woods for threats, and he'll send up a flare if he needs help. Now, who's ready for Chef Leo's famous tacos?!"

Sami and Calypso eagerly followed Leo to the fire, where he had set up a makeshift cooking area. Leo grabbed a tray and handed a taco to each the girls.

Surprisingly, Leo was a good cook. The tacos were delicious, and he provided lemonade as well. They laughed and talked as they finished their meal, Leo leaned back and stared at the stars. "Man this meal brings back memories. Not all good, but memories. Sewers, crazy saleswoman, and a screaming Coach Hedge. Yep, memories."

Sami and Calypso exchanged a look, and Calypso said, "what are you talking- wait I don't want to know. Tell us later." The three kids laid back and looked at the stars. There was a constellation there Calypso hadn't noticed before. It was a huntress, and it looked like she was running across the sky.

Calypso got up and offered her hand to Sami. Sami grabbed it, and Calypso pulled her up. "Head over to tent Sami. There should be a change of clothes in there for you, I'll be in in a minute." When Sami left, Calypso turned to Leo. "Leo, how soon can we be in Quebec?"

Leo thought for a minute before responding. "I think we can be there in two days, assuming we don't run into any trouble, which is unlikely."

Calypso considered that thoughtfully. "What are we going to do with Sami? We don't know her godly parent yet, and she doesn't know anything about fighting. We can't exactly send her off and tell her to find Camp Half-Blood on her own. I'm just worried if we take her with us to fight Khione, she will get hurt and I care too much about her already to do that."

Leo responded after a minute. "I know what you mean about caring about her too much, I feel the same way. But I'm pretty sure she can fend for herself, she has that look about her. I was thinking about this earlier. I think when we go face Khione, she can go and get Piper out. Khione doesn't know about her yet, and I'm not even sure she knows about you."

Calypso nodded. "That is true, and I'm not sure Sami would appreciate being left behind. She would probably run in after us anyway, so at least this way we know where she is. Now I'm going to bed, wake me up when its my turn for watch."

After kissing Leo and turning to go, Calypso climbed into the tent and smiled when she saw Sami was asleep already. Calypso got into her own sleeping beg, and drifted of to sleep.

************************************************************

HELLO DEMIGODS! Oh my gods I think this is the longest chapter yet! So anyway, I just wanted to clear something up.

So I created Sami, and she is not going to be some overpowered OC, who is like a daughter of the big three blessed by a million other gods. She's just going to be another demigod. Not saying she isn't going to be special, just not an insanely overpowered demigod.

Getting that out of the way, this chapter is dedicated to

That's all for now!

Vote, Comment, Fangirl!