Chapter 13: Annabeth

ANNABETH

Annabeth couldn't believe it. Ever since the second giant war ended, she hoped that she and Percy could finally have some peace, maybe settle down, and live a long happy life with their friends. But nooooooo...

A crazy goddess with a grudge against Jason and Piper decided to kidnap Piper and take her to her ice palace.

The Fates hated her.

As soon as everyone had seen the note, there was panic.

Campers ran around, some with weapons and armor already on.

Annabeth was sobbing, and Percy was hugging her, trying to calm her down.

She wiped her eyes, and straightened. She looked around for Jason. He hadn't moved since he read the note, and she could see all his muscles were tensed up, as if he was waiting for a fight.

Annabeth heard thunder rumbling in the distance, and with a start, Annabeth realized storm clouds were gathering around the clearing, and lightning was jumping between them. Annabeth knew that if someone didn't calm Jason down soon he would do some serious damage.

She shrugged Percy off, and cautiously walked over to Jason. She carefully put a hand on his shoulder, praying he wouldn't electrocute her. He spun around with a wild look in his eyes.

Annabeth took a deep breath and started talking.

"Jason, are you alright?" As soon as she said it, Annabeth winced. Of course he wasn't ok.

Jason took a deep breath, and forced his hands to unclench. "Annabeth... Is this how you felt when Percy disappeared?"

Annabeth considered this. "I think so, but at least you know where Piper is."

Jason ran his hands through his short blonde hair. "I just don't get it. First Leo, now Piper. What next?"

Annabeth's heart nearly broke for Jason. She understood what Jason was going through, and as selfish as it sounded, she was relieved it wasn't her again.

Annabeth drew another deep breath, but before she could say anything, an iris message popped up in front of them. When the mist cleared, she could see Frank, Hazel, and Reyna all staring worriedly at Jason.

"Annabeth, Jason," Hazel started out. "We were calling to see how things were going, but we did not expect this. What happened?"

In response, Jason uncrumpled Khione's note and held it up for the trio to see. Annabeth carefully watched Jason, because the storm clouds above camp were growing denser. When the Romans finished reading the note, Hazel burst into tears. Frank looked rather alarmed, and awkwardly put his arm around her shoulders.

Reyna's eyes were stormy, and in a clipped voice she asked, "This was the snow goddess who attacked the Argo II?"

Annabeth nodded. "Yes, and Piper got rid of her. Seems Khione remembers."

Hazel suddenly stopped crying. She looked up, with a blazing determination in her eyes. "I am NOT losing another person I love. Frank and I will be there in about three days, and then the si- five of us will go and rescue Piper." Hazel slashed her hand through the mist, cutting off the connection.

Annabeth turned to Jason. "Sound like a plan? As soon as Hazel and Frank get here, the rest of the seven-" Annabeth faltered.

Leo. He was the one they really needed now, and his disappearance was acutely felt. Annabeth picked up. "The remaining five of us will kill Khione."

Jason gave her a lob sided grin. "Times like this you really need someone to lighten things up. Someone with fire. Someone like Leo. If you need me I'll be in the sword arena taking my frustration out on the straw dummies."

And with that he turned and walked off.

Annabeth bit her lip, watching him go. She turned to Percy, who was standing beside her. "I'm worried about him," Annabeth said. "This is really hard for him. He and Leo were so close, and now his girlfriend is gone. What do you think we should do?"

Percy frowned. "Well you are the one who has experience with these things. When I was gone, what did you want people to do?"

Annabeth considered this. "Well at first I wanted to have nothing to do with anyone, I really just wanted to be left alone."

Percy nodded. "Then that's what we'll do. We'll leave him alone for a couple of hours, and then I'll go talk to him. Try to form a plan for the rescue mission. Speaking of that, what do you think?"

Annabeth considered the question. "I'm really not sure, but one key element we need for sure is fire. We should talk to the Hephaestus cabin, see what they suggest."

"Like flamethrowers?" Percy suggested with a grin.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Not exactly. I don't think that fire will be strong enough. We need something stronger, like those white flames Leo could make. Even better, Greek fire, but we would need a way to protect ourselves from the flames as well." Annabeth's gears in her brain were turning. "Also, we need to find a way to get ourselves to Quebec, since we don't have the Argo II anymore."

Percy smiled at her. "Sounds like you've got it all figured out. I'll go talk to Cabin 9, and then to Jason. You go take a rest, you look exhausted."

Annabeth was about to protest that she was fine, she didn't need a rest, but as soon as she opened her mouth, Percy cut her off with a kiss. He leaned back and have her that adorable grin of his, then ran off in the direction of Cabin 9. Annabeth shook her head, an then headed back to her cabin.

*************************************

A/N: Hey guys.... I'M SO SORRY!!! I haven't updated in like a week. I feel so bad, BUT I have an excuse!

First off, it was my birthday!!! I got a camp Jupiter sweatshirt, and a CHB tshirt! I was so happy!

Also, I just realized something that at least I think is pretty weird. So in The Blattle of the Labrynth, the pjo book(duh) when percy Annabeth and Rachel are in the arena, the giant Antaeus is a son of Posidean and Gaea. POSIDEAN AND GAEA! Does anyone else think that is weird and completely messed up!? I know Greek parentage is messed up, but doesn't Gaea hate the gods? State your opinions in the comments!

This chapter goes to Greenninjagal for the all amazing comments and continuous reads! Thank you sooooooo much!

Vote Comment Fangirl!