Chapter 9: Percy

PERCY

Percy's heart was racing as he surveyed the damage in the Athena cabin.

If anything had harmed his Wise Girl... His thoughts trailed off.

He felt Jason tense up besides him, and heard him take a sharp breath as he too saw the damage done to cabin 6.

He heard shuffling coming from a closed door in the back of the cabin.

Percy looked at Jason, and gestured for him to take out his sword.

Jason did so, an Percy uncapped Riptide. Percy motioned for Jason to follow him, and they slowly made their way to the door. Percy mouthed at Jason 'On three'

Percy reached for the doorknob.

"One, two, three!"

He flung open the door, only to find the entire Athena cabin huddled in the corner, pressing against the back wall, Annabeth included.

"What happened?" Percy addressed the obiously terrified Athena siblings.

Annabeth pointed a shaking finger toward the closet door.

"There...was...a...SPIDER!!!" The entire Athena cabin shuddered at the word.

Percy and Jason relaxed, and sheathed their weapons. Jason gave a shaky laugh. "Annabeth, you survived Tartarus, and you are still terrified of spiders!"

Annabeth glared at him "Shut up Grace, or I'll shut you up as soon as that creature is dead!"

Jason's smile quickly vanished. "Right, spiders are super scary and it is totally fine that's you're scared."

Percy grinned. Annabeth had the strange skill of making very effective threats, even when she was terrified.

"Ok wise girl, I'll kill the spider IF you go to the lake with me for dinner."

"Seaweed brain this is no time for dates! Kill the stupid spider!" Annabeth glared at him, but Percy didn't back down.

He smiled again. "Not until you agree to go to dinner!" He said in a teasing tone.

Annabeth opened her mouth and look like she was about to argue, but her siblings nudged her and her second-in-command,  Malcolm, whispered in her ear.

Annabeth glared at all of them, and then she turned back to Percy and Jason.

"Fine Seaweed brain, I'll go on your stupid date, now kill the freaking spider!!!"

Jason nudged Percy, and pointed to a point behind his shoulder in the main cabin. Percy turned around, and he saw a small spider on the wall, just the size of Percy's thumbnail. He smirked at Jason, and he stomped on the spider.

Percy turned to the terrified Athena children, and said "It's gone now."

They all slowly stood up, and Annabeth ran to Percy. He held his arms out and was expecting a hug, maybe a kiss, but she balled up her fist and punched him in the gut. "How dare you Seaweed Brain!"

"Sorr...y..." He wheezed, trying to catch his breath.

Then Annabeth took his chin in her hands and kissed him full on the lips. Percy heard a wolf-whistle, and a lot of awkward coughing, but he ignored them.

Finally, Jason said "Ok guys, I am usually not one to judge, but seriously, get a room!"

Percy and Annabeth broke apart, and smiled at each other.

Jason coughed, "I believe there was a reason we came over here Percy?"

"Oh yeah," Percy said. "I totally forgot. Annabeth, can we talk to you outside?"

Annabeth looked puzzled, but she agreed. "Alright guys, get started on cabin cleanup, and someone go see the Hectate cabin and tell them that their spider proof spell is wearing of and have someone come over and recast it. I'll be back to help in a minute."

Percy, Jason, and Annabeth walked outside, and Jason went to get Piper so they could discuss things together.

While Percy and Annabeth waited for him to return, they returned to the subject of their beachside date.

"So..." Annabeth started nervously, "Were you serious about that date tonight?"

Percy grinned. "Of course I was! I have it all planned out. I was going to ask you sometime today, but the opportunity presented itself earlier."

Annabeth blushed. "What should I expect?" Percy raised one eyebrow.

"Exactly what I said. A romantic dinner on the beach."

Annabeth was about to ask another question, but was inturupted by Jason hurtling toward them with an extremly worried expression.

Percy and Annabeth jumped to their feet. "Jason! What's wrong?" Annabeth asked.

Jason's expression turned stone cold.

"It's Piper. She's missing."

*************************************

A/N: Two updates in two days!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Anyway, I wanted to put a bit of Percabeth in there! Sorry if the romance in this story is bad, I don't exactly have any experience.

I feel like rick! I just realized that almost all of my chapters have ended in cliffies, I suppose it one way to keep people reading.

Comment, vote, fangirl!!!