twenty

(EPILOGUE)

𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦,
𝘸𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳.

_

There was a constant ringing noise in her ear, her eyes felt heavy, she couldn't move, she couldn't talk, she could barely breathe. This is what she imagined drowning would be like, was she dead?

Jedidah lunged at her fast, but she was quicker squeezing the trigger. A shot rang out and Jedidah fell slack, the bullet planting perfectly between his eyes. She fell back against the grass still fresh with the morning dew due to blood loss.

She shakily moved her hand to her wound, applying a bit of pressure with what strength she had left to slow down the bleeding. Her head fell to the side, to her brother's limp body, his cold lifeless eyes staring back at her.

She felt her own eye begin to sting but didn't let any tears fall. He made his choice and she made hers. She refused to die crying over someone who did give two shits about her.

Y/n's eyes snapped open, she looked down to see an IV and a heart monitor connected to her hands. When she looked over to her right she could see Wanda reading a book on the chair next to her bed and Peter leaning his head against Mj's shoulder with drool running down his chin.

"I'm getting a bad case of deja vu."

Wanda's eyes snapped to Y/n "You're an idiot." she said throwing her book at Peter to wake up.

Peter jumped right up "I'm up Aunt May." then he looked around noticing his surroundings "Oh hey you're alive."

"Surprise." she laughed "Nice to see you again Mj. I think I've been in here more time than you guys combined."

Wanda gave her a playful glare "Maybe if you stop doing stupid things and just ask for help maybe, just maybe we could have avoided all of this."

"Yeah, yeah." she rolled her eyes "I get it, I'm an idiot." Y/n moved to get up but stopped halfway, staring down at the sheets

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked.

She directed her worried gaze to Wanda "I can't feel my legs."

Wanda and Peter jumped up quicker than she's ever seen someone move before with a worried look on their faces.

Y/n began to laugh "I'm just fucking with you."

Wanda pushed her over with a look of annoyance on her face "I can't believe you." she shrieked "I'm going to let you get dresses before I strangle you."

Y/n fake gasped "You wouldn't dare."

She shrugged "Accidents happened."

All three of them began to get up and move to the door, Mj turned to her "I'm glad you aren't dead."

"Thank ya darling." she winked.

As soon as they left, Y/n let the smile fall from her face and she pushed herself up off the bed. When getting up she caught a glimpse of herself in the window. Her hair was matted, there were dark bags under her eyes, her lips were dry and cracked. She pretty much looked like she had been dragged through hell and back.

She stripped off the hospital gown carefully making sure to avoid the bandages and put on the shorts and loose shirt Wanda has brought her on. Y/n pulled up her shirt and peeled back the bandage a bit, she poked at it wincing. The fucker got her good.

Y/n began to limp over to the door, she knew she wasn't even supposed to be on bed rest for a week but she couldn't stand to be in that room a moment longer.