nineteen

𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦.

_

Bruce stuck the needle on the inside of her right arm and slowly began to draw blood. He filled up several tubes of both her and Natashas blood.

Y/n wasn't sure why he needed the blood— she was in her office when FRIDAY had asked if she could come down into his lab. When she got down there she had noticed him taking Natashas blood and he told her to take a seat.

Bruce pressed down a cotton pad and taped over the medical tape on top of it. "Do you have all you need?" She asked rolling down her sleeve to her shirt.

"Yes, thank you." He said "Can uh- can you ladies stay down here until I'm finished. I just want to see something."

"I don't mind," Natasha said and Y/n nodded at him in agreement.

She swung her feet back and forth as she would back when she was a child. Bruce's office was nice, it had a calming aspect— which made sense considering the big green guy could just pop out at any moment.

Half of his office was covered by floor-length grass which if you were to peak through you'd be able to see the forest surrounding the compound. There were tons of cabinets and laboratory equipment that were neatly set on the counters.  Most of the room was in a cool blue color that went nicely with the white in the room.

Bruce was on the other side of the room bent forward looking through a microscope. There were several different holograms that popped up next to him looking at god knows what.

Y/n closed her eyes and leaned against the wall behind her, her back hurting from sitting hunched over on the desk. She let out a sigh.

"Long day?" Y/n opened her eyes to see Natasha staring back at her with her arms crossed leaning against the wall.

She snorted "Try long year."

Nat gave her an understanding look "It gets easier."

"I hope so. What about you, life beating you down with a pogo stick too?"

Natasha's lip twitched "I have a mission today which kind of sucks but then again nice because we haven't been getting much action lately. And lonely but that just comes with being an avenger."

Y/n raised an eyebrow "What about you and Steve? You guys seemed to be cozied up at my birthday gala." She remembered Natasha and Steve dancing when she was dancing with Peter.

"We flirt now and again but nothing will ever come of it. What about you and Bucky, you guys seemed close? Have you talked?" She asked fully turning to Y/n.

She sighed "No, Things are— it's complicated."

"Do you love him?"

Y/n's eyes flickered to the wall beside Natasha "I don't know how to love."

Natasha placed a hand on her arm "Listen, babe, I'm not going to pretend I know what you went through but speaking from experience, it does get better. It may not seem like it now. Plus how much worst could it get when you've already been through hell."

There's always something more to lose, though she didn't say that, instead she squeezed the hand on her arm and said "I sure do hope so."

Natasha let go of her arm just as Bruce had gone over to them. He slid off his gloves and tossed them in the trash a few feet away and pushed his glasses up with his index finger before he began to speak.

"Remember how you took those tests last week—well, anyways as you know your results were way above average, and I remember you telling us about a few of your past injuries and that got me thinking. I drew both your and Natasha's blood and compare them and the chemical compounds were nearly identical. Your cells were more durable and your healing factors were faster than normal."