eighteen

𝘐𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘐 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳.

_

"So he just tried to kill you? I'm guessing your asshole of a father didn't know." Matt said over the phone.

"Yep." She said, "He doesn't even know he tried to blow me up the first time, he just thought one day I just decided to up and leave."

"Are you ever going to tell him? I mean if you ever got the chance too?"

Y/n gave it a few seconds of thought putting her phone between her shoulder and ear  "No I guess not, it worked out more in my favor even though it was an asshole move. Have you heard from old man stick?"

"No, he's been MIA lately. Though I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing." Matt had told her Stick has been around causing him trouble lately. She didn't know why he chose now to come around after so many years but she had enough to worry about, that she didn't care,

She snorted "That old bastard is always up to something."

"Tell me about it." She heard him whisper something to someone on the other side of the phone "Hey Foggy is here so I have to go. If Jedediah caused any more trouble call me yeah?"

Y/n hummed noncommittally and took a bite of her sandwich.

"I'm serious Y/n."

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes.

"Love you." He said.

She smiled, knowing he only says it when he's worried about her "Love ya too." She grabbed her phone and hung up.

Y/n leaned against the kitchen counter finishing the rest of her sandwich. It wasn't her ideal type of meal but it was either that or grilled cheese— and she had already had about 5 of those in the past two weeks.

Things had gone better than expected during the meeting, so she hadn't been doing much the last couple of days.

She put her dish in the sink and decided to go up to her office.

She stepped into her office and opened the curtain allowing a bit of natural light in. It still looked the same from when she had last been in there a month ago.

The only difference was now that Alpine was laying on top of her desk licking her paws.

Y/n could never figure out how she got into there, especially after she continuously locked the door.

Maybe Alpine was an elite assassin.

She would take after her mother.

Y/n sat in her chair, there hadn't been many missions lately so that caused her not to have to be in the Medbay.

It was going for the health of the Avengers but bad considering her job was being a doctor. She didn't even have paperwork— the SHIELD inter nurses did it for her.

It was times like these when she was alone and had nothing to do that she would get into her mind.

What she could have done differently, what she, what she didn't do— it was just like her mind just spiraled.

But what she really didn't get was why her dad didn't come after her. He usually wasn't the type of person to get other people to do his work— he was literally the definition of if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

And obviously, no one could do it right considering she was still sitting in the Avengers tower.

A knock on the door caused her to snap out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Steve leaning against the door to the hallway.